• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always, there's a difference between tu quoque and evidence of hypocrisy. I am not defending Trump; I am attacking Democratic hypocrisy.

This high horse position only works if this scandal was revealing previously unknown things about Trump.

It's not.

Trump's misogyny and unsavory sexual proclivities were already a matter of public record. And Republicans turned a blind eye.

All this scandal did was create a critical mass scenario that forced Republicans to act.
 
Worth noting, the Senate Republicans who have unendorsed Donald are still holding a Supreme Court seat open for the sexual predator to fill in the unlikely event he wins.
 
How about "grabbing them by the pussy"?

That would be sexual assault. As far as I know, there is only one credible allegation of that. From Jill Harch. And it's pretty much "he said, she said" as most of these allegations are. She also had a contract dispute with him, later dated him, and even later supported his candidacy. Although I do in fact believe her story, by accepted standards of proof, it remains an allegation with far less evidence than either Kathryn Willey's or Juanita Broaddrick's allegations against Bill Clinton.
 
Your link does not support your position in the slightest. Looking at a naked body, even without permission, is not sexual assault in any jurisdiction in the US.

ETA: By the way, thanks for the compliment. I don't really agree, but I can see how you might make that mistake, even for a solid argument that I have advanced.

Not sexual assault, but creepy dirty old man behavior. What was that slogan that TBD wanted to promote for Clinton? "Trump 2016: Not Convicted Yet"

This is Donald's statement to Stern:

Well, I’ll tell you the funniest is that before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good. … You know, the dresses. “Is everyone okay?” You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. “Is everybody okay?” And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I’ve been very good.

Again, it's a variation "because I'm a star" only this time "because I'm the owner" but he knows it's wrong, obviously, yet he takes pleasure in rhetorical high-fiving and chest-thumping. ".... sort of get away with things like that..." snicker snicker wink wink nudge nudge.

He has the morality of a bull elephant during the rutting season.
 
I don't know. Was that greeting without any preliminaries, or did you say hi beforehand and try to kiss on the cheeks?

Have you boasted about how you'll pop a Tic-Tac and and then kiss a beautiful women on the lips because you can't stop yourself?

There might be a difference.

Trump has supplied all the context we need.

The more he defends and minimizes Trump's words and deeds (that Trump himself was recorded admitting he did), the more the attacks on Bill Clinton are shown to be a shallow, hypocritical partisan lie.
 
That would be sexual assault. As far as I know, there is only one credible allegation of that. From Jill Harch. And it's pretty much "he said, she said" as most of these allegations are.

The phrase in question is not an allegation by a second party.

They're the words that Trump used to describe his interactions with women.
 
Last edited:
This high horse position only works if this scandal was revealing previously unknown things about Trump.

It's not.

Trump's misogyny and unsavory sexual proclivities were already a matter of public record. And Republicans turned a blind eye.

All this scandal did was create a critical mass scenario that forced Republicans to act.

I agree. Just as Democrats turned a blind eye towards Bill Clinton's misogyny and unsavory sexual proclivities. And then, as unwelcome and inexorable evidence mounted (much as Bill mounted an unwilling Juanita Broaddrick), Democrats circled the wagons and protected Bill Clinton. They put partisan loyalty above principle, even though removing Bill from office was no great loss for the cause since Al Gore would have became President. I never quite understood this. I guess Democrats were acting more out of spite towards Republicans than anything else.
 
That would be sexual assault. As far as I know, there is only one credible allegation of that.

So him openly bragging about it doesn't count as another credible allegation?

Jesus man I get that you just have to defend him in order to attack Hillary but jeez...
 
I don't know. Was that greeting without any preliminaries, or did you say hi beforehand and try to kiss on the cheeks?

Have you boasted about how you'll pop a Tic-Tac and and then kiss a beautiful women on the lips because you can't stop yourself?

There might be a difference.

Trump has supplied all the context we need.


Personally I'm now thinking of the old joke:

"I use my Foundation to illegally raise funds, but do they call me crooked?
"I go bankrupt multiple times, but do they call me a failed businessman?
"I break the economic embargo of Cuba, but do they call me a traitor?
"I discriminate aganst blacks in my housing projects, but do they call me a racist?
"I have links to the Mafia, but do they talk about my links to organised crime?
But I mention grabbing someone by pussy, and nobody talks about anything else.


Personally I wouldn't be that surprised if the original punchline was later found to be true.

I think there are much better reasons for people to disqualify Donald Trump as President than his lewd behavior.

I think Trump University in itself is reason enough.
I think his racist talk is enough
I think his willingness to ignore the laws is enough.
I think his suggestion that his supporters beat up protesters is enough.
I think his history of caring about no one but himself is enough.
I think his loose talk about foreign policy and nuclear weapons is enough.

But hey, if this is what it takes for people to put this clown on a bus, by all means, let's talk about his crude behavior.
 
The phrase in question is not an allegation by a second party.

They're the words that Trump used to describe his interactions with women.

Almost everything out of the guy's mouth is a lie intended to puff himself up, and yet you believe this rodomontade without reservation?

You can scramble to your dictionary of choice now. ;)
 
Infidelity doesn't look good upon a man's character in my book either
Looks like consensual sex (outside of marriage, oh the horrors) by democrat is equal to sexual assault by republican. Pathetic. It is almost like conservative ideology rots brain inside out.

so I'm not sure what you're trying to snipe at.
Your double standard.

That to me is enough of a double standard.
Protip: when you are in hole, stop digging.
 
Almost everything out of the guy's mouth is a lie intended to puff himself up, and yet you believe this rodomontade without reservation?

You can scramble to your dictionary of choice now. ;)
Why would he think that lying about sexual assault puffs him up?
 
Almost everything out of the guy's mouth is a lie intended to puff himself up, and yet you believe this rodomontade without reservation?

You can scramble to your dictionary of choice now. ;)


I did that immediately.

Apparently, it's where Indians live.
 
Almost everything out of the guy's mouth is a lie intended to puff himself up, and yet you believe this rodomontade without reservation?

So your defense of a man who openly bragged about committing sexual assault is that we're all being naïve because he was obviously just bragging in order to make himself look better?
 
Did you listen to the tape? He's boasting about how he can get away with such things because he's so rich and powerful.


Which to me is a reason to become rich and powerful in the first place - so you can act out your fantasies.

Do we doubt there are women who throw themselves (sexually and otherwise) at the wealthy and at celebrities? Trust me, it's a thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom