• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? There are plenty of credible allegations that Clinton has done precisely what Trump only bragged about doing. And while he was a Governor and while he was a President. Even in the White House itself. And Democrats went to the mattresses to defend him. The double standard is quite striking, although hardly surprising.

It's the hand Republicans have been dealt though. They need to find the dirt on their candidates (all of it, even the little stuff) far earlier in the cycle, in the future. There was never any question that Trump had said things like that. The only uncertainty was whether there was video tape of it and whether it could be held in reserve by his opponents until October.
No there aren't. Remember this is the Real World not Republican Fantasy Land.
 
Since when is walking into a dressing room sexual assault? At worst, it's some version of voyeurism, although I can't imagine what he did would be illegal in any state since he was presumably authorized to go to any room in the building.

It was at a beauty pageant. That's a contest where women show off their bodies in a contest to win prizes.

You wouldn't expect to see objectifying going on in that environment. I guess.

Never mind. If I put my Hillary goggles on it all works out the right way.
 
And more.



Kissing on the lips without consent or other interaction? That sounds familiar.

There are many variations of kissing on the lips which might be sleazy but not sexual assault. I've sometimes greeted another woman through an attempted kiss on the cheek and accidentally got a bit close to the lips. Is that sexual assault? It's also happened to me in the reverse direction, by the way.

Do I think that Trump was being like a sleazy old man getting in a cheap thrill under the pretext of giving a warm greeting? Yes. But is it sexual assault? Probably not.
 
https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

The highlighted might be the stupidest argument you have ever attempted to advance.

Your link does not support your position in the slightest. Looking at a naked body, even without permission, is not sexual assault in any jurisdiction in the US.

ETA: By the way, thanks for the compliment. I don't really agree, but I can see how you might make that mistake, even for a solid argument that I have advanced.
 
Last edited:
Since when is walking into a dressing room sexual assault? At worst, it's some version of voyeurism, although I can't imagine what he did would be illegal in any state since he was presumably authorized to go to any room in the building.

What?

So he could walk in the women's bathroom or dressing room or locker room just because he owned the building?

No. Just... no.
 
Since when is walking into a dressing room sexual assault? At worst, it's some version of voyeurism, although I can't imagine what he did would be illegal in any state since he was presumably authorized to go to any room in the building.

He's a perv. That's behavior you expect out of a teenage boy not an adult man.
 
There are many variations of kissing on the lips which might be sleazy but not sexual assault. I've sometimes greeted another woman through an attempted kiss on the cheek and accidentally got a bit close to the lips. Is that sexual assault? It's also happened to me in the reverse direction, by the way.

Do I think that Trump was being like a sleazy old man getting in a cheap thrill under the pretext of giving a warm greeting? Yes. But is it sexual assault? Probably not.

How about "grabbing them by the pussy"?
 
You're attacking a strawman, I was pointing out the double standards. If this happened to the Democrat's nominee, there is no question Democrats would rally around him or her.

Yes, we have the ongoing and flourishing political career of Anthony Weiner as testament to this.
 
Clinton is going to own him tonight.

Eeeehhh not really. The worst thing about Trump is he's given the already anemic Democratic Party even less reason to try. She's a mediocre politician that seems more competent because she's not breaking a sweat due to the fact that her opponent is a poorly written comic book villain. No strike that, poorly written fan fiction villain.

Make no mistake Hillary is not winning the debate or this election. Trump is just losing them.
 
There are many variations of kissing on the lips which might be sleazy but not sexual assault. I've sometimes greeted another woman through an attempted kiss on the cheek and accidentally got a bit close to the lips. Is that sexual assault? It's also happened to me in the reverse direction, by the way.

Do I think that Trump was being like a sleazy old man getting in a cheap thrill under the pretext of giving a warm greeting? Yes. But is it sexual assault? Probably not.

I don't know. Was that greeting without any preliminaries, or did you say hi beforehand and try to kiss on the cheeks?

Have you boasted about how you'll pop a Tic-Tac and and then kiss a beautiful women on the lips because you can't stop yourself?

There might be a difference.

Trump has supplied all the context we need.


Personally I'm now thinking of the old joke:

"I use my Foundation to illegally raise funds, but do they call me crooked?
"I go bankrupt multiple times, but do they call me a failed businessman?
"I break the economic embargo of Cuba, but do they call me a traitor?
"I discriminate aganst blacks in my housing projects, but do they call me a racist?
"I have links to the Mafia, but do they talk about my links to organised crime?
But I mention grabbing someone by pussy, and nobody talks about anything else.


Personally I wouldn't be that surprised if the original punchline was later found to be true.
 
I can just imagine about a year from now Trump looking right at an interviewer and with a straight face claiming he never ran for President.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom