Biscuit
Philosopher
- Joined
- Aug 16, 2007
- Messages
- 6,929
I don't actually have any big problem with Trump's comments about women. I don't think that way but it's about what I would expect from The Don. I agree people are entitled to private lives, even Donald Trump.
What actually bothered me more was Trump trying to defend himself by alluding to private conversations he'd had with Bill Clinton while the two were playing golf together. They played golf together because at one point they were friendly; as I have previously posted, as recently as 2008 Trump was describing Clinton as a "great president." (And saying Hillary Clinton would make a "great president" too.)
The way Trump can immediately turn on people who were once friends and become really vicious is, to my mind, a lot more damning than his stupid comments about his 'lusty lifestyle.'
Sexual assault is not a "lifestyle."
Some of my favorite responses,
Social media filled with anti-Trump remarks. You just killed your daughter's brand, you know, the one you want to date?
A picture of toast
Calling for a complete and total shutdown of Trump interacting with women until we figure out what is going on.
Probably been the worst 24 hours for a presidential candidate ever. They're still probably talking about this on cable news (well maybe not Fox News) non stop.
I have MSNBC on this morning. Some evangelical preacher is arguing that we should be ashamed of ourselves for kicking trump when he is down.