• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you see him as a leader doesn't change the fact that this is part of the job description. A President must be able to build coalitions Trump thinks that by his own sheer force of will that people will come to his way of thinking. It doesn't work that way. I couldn't stand Ronald Reagan, but I have to admit he was a leader. He charmed those he disagreed with. He knew how to sell his policies.

Trump is good at alienating people. People in his own party would be looking for ways to screw him. And could you blame them when Trump is constantly consumed with doing the same thing to everyone else?

As for being the people's leader. Trump could never be that. But that too is part of the job description. People wanted to follow Lincoln, Eisenhower, FDR, JFK, Reagan. Nobody wants to follow Trump.
Lots of people want to follow Donald. Deplorable human trash like him.
 
I'm pretty shocked by the number of comments like, "All guys say stuff like this when women aren't around".

I've had my fair share of lewd conversations about my sexual partners or women I've tried to court. Actually, most of those conversations have been with female friends. I have discussed aspects of those women that I have found sexually appealing, both physical and behavioural, my desires for them and how they have affected my approach, and my frustration with the mindset and behaviour of some such women toward me. I've said stuff like, "God, I really, really, really want to see her naked". Somehow I have always managed to do so while maintaining respect for the woman as a person and multifaceted individual. Never have I mentioned or thought ot casually groping their crotch or breasts, never have I suggested being aggressive, and never have I talked in such ways about women that I haven't already made some kind of move on. It would never occur to me to look at a woman I didn't know and immediately begin discussing her body, or have such conversations about casual acquaintances.

Are most people unable to discuss sexuality, which plays a large role in the lives of most people, without reducing the people they are attracted to to one-dimensional objects?
 
Last edited:
I don't actually have any big problem with Trump's comments about women. I don't think that way but it's about what I would expect from The Don. I agree people are entitled to private lives, even Donald Trump.

What actually bothered me more was Trump trying to defend himself by alluding to private conversations he'd had with Bill Clinton while the two were playing golf together. They played golf together because at one point they were friendly; as I have previously posted, as recently as 2008 Trump was describing Clinton as a "great president." (And saying Hillary Clinton would make a "great president" too.)

The way Trump can immediately turn on people who were once friends and become really vicious is, to my mind, a lot more damning than his stupid comments about his 'lusty lifestyle.'
 
acbytesla;11528641 As for being the people's leader. Trump could never be that. But that too is part of the job description. People wanted to follow Lincoln said:
Those people who are looking for someone to follow are unambiguous, mental slaves. Their desires should carry no weight.
 
A comment I saw on another forum:

"Right now the GOP looks like the mayor in Jaws who still thinks he can salvage the summer after the shark ate a dude in front of everybody on the Fourth of July."
 
1. Patton was a General who's job it was to kill people. A President's job is to help people. I DO EXPECT ...NO....I DEMAND that he be a gentleman. That doesn't mean a choir boy. That means that the man GENUINELY respects and cares for others.

The number one job of a leader is to LEAD people. Who wants to follow that CREEP?

That reminds me though about a little-known article of the UCMJ: Conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman. This would actually be a crime if he were in the military (as would adultery).
 

It's all fun and games with the GOP until white people are insulted. Is anyone surprised to learn a man whose political career is based on calling the first African American president a foreign traitor lacks character?

Donald doesn't give a flying **** about the GOP and trying to convince him that he should drop out for the good of the party would probably only increase his resolve to stay in. Maybe they could try to convince him that it would be the best thing for him as that's the only thing he cares about, but I doubt it would work.
 
Last edited:
I don't actually have any big problem with Trump's comments about women. I don't think that way but it's about what I would expect from The Don. I agree people are entitled to private lives, even Donald Trump.

He said it in public. Into a microphone. It's not really a private conversation.

I thought this was pretty good:

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/10/08/little-late-trump-trumpologizes-getting-caught-trump/

3) Aren't Private Conversations Private? Why yes they are, 1947. Also coffee is a nickel, kids call you sir or ma'am, and nobody says "meme."

Come on. Yes, private conversations are private. But there are degrees of expectation of privacy, and yukking it up with gossip journalists on a bus isn't exactly the brown belt of privacy expectations, you dig? The cat is out of the bag anyway. There is an election going on. You can't just say "it was private" and expect the jury to disregard. Be real. Not to mention the fact that, contrary to his Trumpology, this merely confirms who we already know he really is. Who you know he is.

4) Shouldn't We Abolish Political Correctness? No. Well, yes, but also no. There is actual political correctness, which is used to silence free speech, and there is simply being a decent freaking human being, which conservatives have somehow abandoned as being a PC bootlicker. I can't understand it. Remember the party of values? Didn't we used to make that argument? Family values, the importance of family. Isn't "preservation of the family" one of the chief arguments that people, including a huge percentage of Trump voters, offer as a reason to oppose same-sex marriage?
 
I'm pretty shocked by the number of comments like, "All guys say stuff like this when women aren't around".

Some guys do. The ones who make you uncomfortable to be around. I was in the Navy for 6 years, only a few guys talked this way and they weren't the sort you wanted to hang out with after work.
 
I can see at lest three good things that are the result of the latest Trump train wreck:

One, he cannot bitch about having a 'bad mike'. That bit was getting really boring because he was obviously so destroyed by Clinton due to his horrible pre-debate preparation.

Two, up until this point, I have noticed some of the various Trumptards trotting out stupid, worthless moral lessons in the treatment of women. However, this particular train wreck should just about stop all of that.

Three, this train wreck should be about the final nail in his coffin. I doubt that even the worthless liars at Fox News will now be so gleeful about providing voluminous amounts of free air time to Trump since he has become a self-confessed radioactive piece of crap.
 
Some guys do. The ones who make you uncomfortable to be around. I was in the Navy for 6 years, only a few guys talked this way and they weren't the sort you wanted to hang out with after work.

Yeah, that's true. I've known a guy or two who seems agreeable and thoughtful, but who gets pretty revolting once you start talking about women in a sexual way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom