• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the video with the remarks. That HAS to do it for him. It has to.
I think you underestimate just how blinkered the Trumpettes are; a mere confession of sexual assault won't stop them rationalising it away and continuing to support the Trumpet blindly.
 
I think you underestimate just how blinkered the Trumpettes are; a mere confession of sexual assault won't stop them rationalising it away and continuing to support the Trumpet blindly.
He needs more than his followers to win. He's done.
 
[Imgw=640]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuNo6wWXYAA9K7b.jpg[/imgw]

Too late, ****ers, the election is a month from now. He's the nominee and he's going to lose and take lots of Republicans down with him. Couldn't have happened to a better party.

Not only is he the nominee - I think that there could have been a way around that, but early voting has already started, which would make that a lot more difficult - If Trump drops out, the Democrats might have a case that early votes cast for Trump were for Trump and not the GOP. I am not a lawyer, even in the UK, let alone any expert in the US, but I'd have thought there could be an interesting legal situation that couldn't benefit the GOP.
 
Not only is he the nominee - I think that there could have been a way around that, but early voting has already started, which would make that a lot more difficult - If Trump drops out, the Democrats might have a case that early votes cast for Trump were for Trump and not the GOP. I am not a lawyer, even in the UK, let alone any expert in the US, but I'd have thought there could be an interesting legal situation that couldn't benefit the GOP.

You are correct.

Two years later, then-Minnesota Sen. Paul Wellstone (D-Minn.) died in a plane crash at an even later point in his reelection. Minnesota allowed the Democrats' replacement candidate, former vice president Walter Mondale, to run instead. But absentee votes for Wellstone were not added to Mondale's total, and Democrats lost a seat they had been expected to hold.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...blicans-to-boot-donald-trump-from-the-ballot/
 
The thing about Trumps statement that struck me was: "I've never pretended to be someone i'm not"
This is exactly the problem. It's clear that you are, and always have been, that person. The person who bullies, insults and demeans others on a whim. This goes as far back as punching his teacher in the face at school. Half a century of behaviour that no ordinary person should be proud of.
....I'll be a better person starting tomorrow...
How stupid would you have to be to believe this?
 
He needs more than his followers to win. He's done.
Oh yes, he'll keep the core Republicans (who'd vote for anything with the elephant stamp) and the alt-right but he's lost most of the religious right, women, current minorities, the centre et cetera.
The important question is how does this effect the rest of the Republican candidates?
 
Oh yes, he'll keep the core Republicans (who'd vote for anything with the elephant stamp) and the alt-right but he's lost most of the religious right, women, current minorities, the centre et cetera.
The important question is how does this effect the rest of the Republican candidates?

How important are the religious right to him? How did the GOP come to a point in running with someone who clearly doesn't care for traditional family values.

Flag, grabbing your mom's pussy and apple pie!
 
How important are the religious right to him? How did the GOP come to a point in running with someone who clearly doesn't care for traditional family values.

Flag, grabbing your mom's pussy and apple pie!
Most of them never really gave a **** about family values.
 
The thing about Trumps statement that struck me was: "I've never pretended to be someone i'm not"
This is exactly the problem. It's clear that you are, and always have been, that person. The person who bullies, insults and demeans others on a whim. This goes as far back as punching his teacher in the face at school. Half a century of behaviour that no ordinary person should be proud of.
....I'll be a better person starting tomorrow...
How stupid would you have to be to believe this?

Character is what you do when nobody’s watching. This is Trump sober, mid-day, with someone he barely knows, while wearing a mic. No wonder he even makes volunteers sign an NDA.
 
CNN reports that Donald was warned by advisors not to attack the Clintons in his apology video. So of course he did it anyway. What a dumbass.
 
CNN reports that Donald was warned by advisors not to attack the Clintons in his apology video. So of course he did it anyway. What a dumbass.

That video seems like it was made purely under the advice of Bannon.
 
It's all over.

Is it though?

‘This Will Be The End Of Trump’s Campaign,’ Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Seventh Time This Year

SALISBURY, MD—Repeating identical comments he had made in June, July, August, September, and twice in November, increasingly nervous local man Aaron Howe responded to Donald Trump’s call to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. Monday by once again stating this would be the end of the Republican frontrunner’s campaign, sources confirmed. “Well, that’s it—you just can’t say those kinds of things and expect to be taken seriously any longer,” said an anxious Howe, his voice quavering slightly as he spoke aloud the very same words he had previously uttered in reaction to remarks about Mexicans, women, the disabled, former POW John McCain, and a number of other targeted parties. “That’s the final nail in the coffin right there. There’s no way he’s coming back from this one.” At press time, a visibly tense Howe was steadily amassing the angst and exasperation that would be unleashed in his seventh expletive-filled exclamation of the year when he catches sight of the newest set of poll numbers.
 
Paul Ryan cancels campaign appearance with Trump, issues statement saying he was "sickened" by what he heard.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/07/with-donald-trump-paul-ryan-just-cant-win/

If this is what finally does him in I'm a little perplexed. People have ignored so many other things. Also this was 10 years ago. I guess it shows the power of video. If somebody had recalled the conversation and told a reporter, but it wasn't on video I'm certain it wouldn't have made any difference. That person would be called a liar by Trump and nobody would care.

I expect maybe a 2-3% dip in the polls for him because of this, and by election day it'll probably revert back to the mean. I still think Clinton will win by about 50% to 44%, but I thought that before this video.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom