• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recollection was more a "why is this woman getting attention and I'm not?"

I concur. It's the same reason Christie, Giuliani and Gingrich were never really contenders for the veep slot. They could probably be counted on to support the Grand Orange Dragon, but they merited attention on their own and all have colossal egos to clash with Donald's. All three of them also believe they are imminently more qualified to be President. It would show over a four month campaign.

With Caribou Barbie I think it's that they've both staked out the same territory - the world of the irrational crazies. It's like that M*A*S*H episode where the guy with the talking sock is told by Klinger, essentially, "Beat it, bub! I'm working the crazy-as-a-loon side of the street."
 
My recollection was more a "why is this woman getting attention and I'm not?"
He was standing right next to her and the only reason that she got the attention was because she was endorsing him! Though I suppose you could be right and he is more screwed in the head than I realized (and I am very sure that he has at least one diagnosable personality disorder).
 
The media doesn't need her to generate revenue for them this time around, Trump has been the golden goose as far as the media is concerned, he just keeps giving.

Here's an article that takes a look at that:

Jeff Zucker’s singular role in promoting Donald Trump’s rise

An excerpt:
Ten years later, it was Zucker, now the head of CNN, who gave Trump astonishing amounts of free exposure in the Republican presidential primary on the cable network, continually blasting out his speeches and rallies — often unfiltered and without critical fact-checking.

. . .

Of course, CNN was hardly alone. Fox News, too, has been a megaphone for Trump for many months. And nearly every news outlet has played a part — from newspaper front pages to NPR to the network nightly news.

Ratings. Clicks. Audience. Say what you will about Trump as a human being or a potential leader of the free world, he has an ineffable ability to get attention. He has called himself a “ratings machine,” and in the world of TV, ratings equal profit.

“It may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS,” Leslie Moonves, chairman of CBS, said of the Trump phenomenon in March, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

“The money’s rolling in, and this is fun. It’s a terrible thing to say. But bring it on, Donald. Keep going.”

Zucker in particular was at NBC when they gave Donald his reality TV show and made him (more of) a celebrity. Then at CNN, he already knew what Trump could do for ratings from NBC so he made a business decision to give Trump tons of free air time to drive up CNN's ratings. This was early on in the process before it became apparent that it wasn't going to be Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio or Scott Walker after all, much to the punditocracy's astonishment. After that I guess they had to start taking him a little more seriously and so that's why Trump complains about CNN now.

Now of course Trump complains about CNN
 
Hey! Where all the Trumpions at?

They aren't MIA now he's getting his arse kicked, are they?
When Hillary wins, I am going to be extremely ungracious to every Donald follower that I know. Mostly I will tell them that their worst nightmare coming true (Hillary Clinton being elected the POTUS) is their fault. They are the ones that picked by far the worst nominee in modern history. I can't wait.
 
Hey! Where all the Trumpions at?

They aren't MIA now he's getting his arse kicked, are they?

Getting ready to "protect" polling areas from darkies and their evil liberal overlords. Will be proud and not ashamed while doing it, which is the far deeper and profoundly damning issue.
 
Trump tells terminally ill to get out and vote.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-e...-ill-to-get-out-and-vote-20161007-grxc0u.html

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has called on the terminally ill to "hang out till November 8. Get out and vote ... I don't care how sick you are".

Speaking at a rally in Reno, Nevada, on Wednesday, the Republican presidential nominee told dying voters that it doesn't matter that they won't be around in two weeks, "don't let the other side win".
 
Trump tells terminally ill to get out and vote.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-e...-ill-to-get-out-and-vote-20161007-grxc0u.html

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has called on the terminally ill to "hang out till November 8. Get out and vote ... I don't care how sick you are".

Speaking at a rally in Reno, Nevada, on Wednesday, the Republican presidential nominee told dying voters that it doesn't matter that they won't be around in two weeks, "don't let the other side win".
 
When Hillary wins, I am going to be extremely ungracious to every Donald follower that I know.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable response. If you hang your hat on a person as repulsive as Trump, you deserve all that befalls you.

Hope it works like that for Ryan, et al.
 
Hillary is definitely prepping for the debate. Figuring out answers to questions she might be asked, studying, figuring out ways to get under Donald's skin...
Watching this performance and learning from it ...

Because she is way smarter than him and way more willing to do the necessary work.
It's not all about Clinton being smart; Trump does his bit at the "being dumb" end.
 
And the last paragraph is a downright lie. I check the Trump/Pence schedule every day. There was nothing scheduled for NH. They put it in there about three days ago, after the veep debate. I remember vividly because I was thinking "well, his advisors got him to stay home and prepare for the debate this time". I guess they know him. He can't sit still to prepare, so they combined it with a field trip. It keeps little Donnie focused.
That rings all too true.
 
The Grauniad is throwing some shade. Donald Trump the clear winner in New Hampshire debate featuring only himself.

Donald Trump prepared for Sunday’s town hall-style debate with Hillary Clinton by insisting he wasn’t preparing for it.

At a town hall in Sandown, New Hampshire, questions were written down by an invited audience and then read by moderator Howie Carr, a pro-Trump talk show host in New England.

There was even a timer that kept Trump from talking for more than two minutes at a time.

But the Republican nominee insisting he wasn’t preparing for his next bout with Hillary Clinton. “This has nothing to do with Sunday,” Trump insisted.

They should have gone into the questions and answers more.


 

What? Are we reverting to "He's actually probably a nice guy and not serious about all the crap he spews?" Kellyanne is a compromise with the big money guys. I think he'd prefer Katrina as his spokeswitch.

The campaign barely denies charges of bigotry or racism any longer (probably for fear of losing that valuable Stormfront/KKK demographic) but goes straight into the "Waaaah, you're a bunch of meanies pointing out those forty-six incidents over and over. Hillary this Hillary that Hillary the other."
 
So another man confessed to it and DNA confirms it. Their "admissions" were basically intimidated out of them IIRC.

No, it's just like how Obama releasing his legal birth certificate still wasn't proof enough for Trump. He never admits he was wrong.

He can't. He's in a tough position. Note they've taken a full on attack on Kaine because he was a defense attorney, and therefore defended murderers and rapists. If he admits that the Central Park 5 were innocent, then it wounder be an admission that even rape suspects need good representation in order to ensure justice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom