• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol

I never said that, if you think that it isn't my problem.

Lol, what?

All I said is we shouldn't be encouraging young men to view women as a potential sex partner, it has many terrible side effects.


Right, we should be encouraging young men to view men as potential sex partners. That's much better. HAhahahahaha


Trump is not a young man. Your arguments are beyond silly.
 
My sister is a lawyer, and clients lie to her all the time. In fact, in most Law Schools, they warn students to expect that a lot of their clients are going to be less then truthful. Part of the Lawyers job is to worm the truth out of their clients.
Problem is that Donald probably lies much more then most clients.
He lies - often blatantly - when there's no reason to.
 
Our endorsement of Clinton, and rejection of Trump, is not a blanket dismissal of the many Trump supporters who are motivated by legitimate anxieties about their future and their place in the American economy. But Trump has seized on these anxieties and inflamed and racialized them, without proposing realistic policies to address them.

This is something I've been pointing out to people in real life. Many of the complaints of Trump supporters have some validity, even if the magnitude of the complaint is out of line with the reality of the issue.

It isn't that the things Trump supporters worry about aren't valid; it's that supporting Trump because of them isn't rational. It's a non-sequitur. How will Trump address this concern? What mechanism will be employed? How will Trump help? The answer 'Hillary won't' doesn't support Trump. I've yet to hear a well supported and rational answer, instead hearing only poorly supported supposition or fallacy.

The question 'how does supporting Trump help this issue' is a better 'attack' on support of Trump than dismissing the concerns of Trump supporters.
 
huh? I suppose you were trying to make a point. Maybe I'm dense or over thinking it...Can you please elaborate?

I am planning to vote for Trump despite being absolutely convinced that he is just about the worst possible candidate for POTUS. I am doing this because there is absolutely no way that my vote can materially affect the outcome of the election. Even if I were to convince every eligible voter that I have any contact at all with to vote for Trump, Clinton would still win all of Massachusetts' Electoral College delegates by a healthy margin. I am utterly disenfranchised, and I am not happy about it.

That said, the Atlantic article is so strong and well-written that it actually gave me pause.
 
I am planning to vote for Trump despite being absolutely convinced that he is just about the worst possible candidate for POTUS. I am doing this because there is absolutely no way that my vote can materially affect the outcome of the election. Even if I were to convince every eligible voter that I have any contact at all with to vote for Trump, Clinton would still win all of Massachusetts' Electoral College delegates by a healthy margin. I am utterly disenfranchised, and I am not happy about it.

That said, the Atlantic article is so strong and well-written that it actually gave me pause.

You do realize that if Trump wins the election and carries Massachusetts and it is the margin of victory, I will be forced to hunt you down? As Sonny said to Michael, "It's not personal, it's business."
 
This is something I've been pointing out to people in real life. Many of the complaints of Trump supporters have some validity, even if the magnitude of the complaint is out of line with the reality of the issue.

It isn't that the things Trump supporters worry about aren't valid; it's that supporting Trump because of them isn't rational. It's a non-sequitur. How will Trump address this concern? What mechanism will be employed? How will Trump help? The answer 'Hillary won't' doesn't support Trump. I've yet to hear a well supported and rational answer, instead hearing only poorly supported supposition or fallacy.

The question 'how does supporting Trump help this issue' is a better 'attack' on support of Trump than dismissing the concerns of Trump supporters.

I am flabbergasted that anyone would believe that Trump cares about the issues or anyone other than himself. For 70 years he hasn't shown the slightest interest in the welfare of anyone but himself. How can people believe a man who has spent a lifetime of cheating his vendors, his country, his customers, hIs creditors, hIs donors and his wives? A man who can barely get through a sentence without lying or bragging? A man so sensitive that he won't or can't accept any criticism?

Why would we trust someone so untrustworthy? What bothers me the most is there is no excuse for the country if we elect Trump. It is not like his hideous character hasn't been front and center for years.
 
You do realize that if Trump wins the election and carries Massachusetts and it is the margin of victory, I will be forced to hunt you down? As Sonny said to Michael, "It's not personal, it's business."

Yeah, I've acquired quite a following of individuals like-minded as yourself. If Trump does carry Massachusetts and the election, I may well have to leave the country. 538 currently gives Trump a 0.2% chance of winning my state though so I feel pretty safe--even though that is several thousand times better than my chances of winning Powerball.
 
Yeah, I've acquired quite a following of individuals like-minded as yourself. If Trump does carry Massachusetts and the election, I may well have to leave the country. 538 currently gives Trump a 0.2% chance of winning my state though so I feel pretty safe--even though that is several thousand times better than my chances of winning Powerball.
Well if Donald does carry MA it will be a complete blowout win for him overall.
 
Not sure if this has been posted, but 30 former GOP members of congress have written a letter denouncing Trump.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...-ever-of-former-gop-1475767313-htmlstory.html
"As Republican members of Congress, we took pride in representing a political party that stood for honest and principled public leadership in which the American people could place their trust," they wrote in an open letter.

"Sadly, our party's nominee this year is a man who makes a mockery of the principles and values we have cherished and which we sought to represent in Congress."

Steve S
 
I am planning to vote for Trump despite being absolutely convinced that he is just about the worst possible candidate for POTUS. I am doing this because there is absolutely no way that my vote can materially affect the outcome of the election. Even if I were to convince every eligible voter that I have any contact at all with to vote for Trump, Clinton would still win all of Massachusetts' Electoral College delegates by a healthy margin. I am utterly disenfranchised, and I am not happy about it.

That said, the Atlantic article is so strong and well-written that it actually gave me pause.

This is the most stupid thing I have read.
 
Yeah, I've acquired quite a following of individuals like-minded as yourself. If Trump does carry Massachusetts and the election, I may well have to leave the country. 538 currently gives Trump a 0.2% chance of winning my state though so I feel pretty safe--even though that is several thousand times better than my chances of winning Powerball.

Yea, Massachusetts likes to end their republican desires at the State House.
 
This is something I've been pointing out to people in real life. Many of the complaints of Trump supporters have some validity, even if the magnitude of the complaint is out of line with the reality of the issue.

It isn't that the things Trump supporters worry about aren't valid; it's that supporting Trump because of them isn't rational. It's a non-sequitur. How will Trump address this concern? What mechanism will be employed? How will Trump help? The answer 'Hillary won't' doesn't support Trump. I've yet to hear a well supported and rational answer, instead hearing only poorly supported supposition or fallacy.

The question 'how does supporting Trump help this issue' is a better 'attack' on support of Trump than dismissing the concerns of Trump supporters.

That is what demogogues do:Take legitimate issues and concerns and exploit them.
 
Yeah, I've acquired quite a following of individuals like-minded as yourself. If Trump does carry Massachusetts and the election, I may well have to leave the country. 538 currently gives Trump a 0.2% chance of winning my state though so I feel pretty safe--even though that is several thousand times better than my chances of winning Powerball.

And I wouldn't actually carry out my threat either. And while I understand the desire to protest, I can't imagine doing it with someone who is as dangerous as Trump.

And people do win the Powerball. Just not me.
 
Trump is reading all the polls he's ahead to his audience and they all clap and cheer.

Meanwhile, back at the school of the averages, Clinton's lead widens.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom