• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Global special interests" is featuring more and more. Also Sid Blumenthal. Draw your own conclusions. I've drawn mine already and they're not pretty.

It isn't that hard when you see the Don surrounded by Breitbart & Prisonplanet.

There's a great piece in NZ papers on a typical Trump supporter. Long article, but worth the effort, and yes she is mentally ill, and yes, she also treats Alex Jones as a reliable source. (I'd not even heard the trans/Obama thing)

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11721153

Does that encourage unreasonable risk-taking?

It probably does, but then you have to have the bees* to take those risks to start with.

More importantly, it encourages risk, and in business no risk = no reward.

*money

Trump thinks NONE of the rules apply to him.

You can't say it hasn't worked like a charm so far. He is the republican candidate; he has the support of the head of the party, he is still within margin of error of Clinton, and he has a genuine shot at taking the attitude all the way to the White House.

The normal rules are all gone. Just remember, Labour & Brexit were both polling as winners when the actual results killed them.

I'm loving the correlation between Trump's attitude when his polling is good v when it's bad.

When he looked like catching up a fortnight ago, he was all "If Hillary wins, I'll accept that." while now his numbers have dropped, he's on a different path: "Watch out, they're stealing the election! - hint hint, 2nd Amendment, say no more..."
 
There's a great piece in NZ papers on a typical Trump supporter. Long article, but worth the effort, and yes she is mentally ill, and yes, she also treats Alex Jones as a reliable source. (I'd not even heard the trans/Obama thing)
I have to take issue on "typical". Random perhaps, not necessarily typical. There may not even be such a thing in any meaningful sense.

It is scary how many people believe this sort of thing, but it always has been. What's horrifying is having one of them as a Republican presidential candidate. If that can happen once it can happen again, and one of them's going to win eventually.
 
In the statement the Trump campaign put out regarding the tax returns the Times published. They didn't try and claim the returns were phony and said Trump's "fiduciary responsibility" to his investors requires him to pay the minimum amount of taxes. Then they went on to make a CT claim:


That's scary. If it wasn't for independent and constitutionally protected news organizations like the New York Times there would be so much about Trump (and Clinton too) that we would never know. What would happen to freedom of the press under a Trump administration? Very scary to imagine.
Giuliani was looking quite the fool on Jake Tapper, CNN, this am defending Trump. A fiduciary responsibility (which by the way, is not the legal mandate it is claimed to be, but that's for another thread) Tapper pointed out, does not apply to one's personal income. Giuliani stuck to the same talking point, ignoring that fact and conflating Trump's businesses with Trump's personal income tax.

I think Trump and his followers truly believe in the big MSN conspiracy against him, Trump because his illness involves rationalizing loss as someone else doing it to him, and his followers because they believe the government and the MSN are in cahoots, except Fox , of course.
 
Last edited:
Spending more money running the company than it brings in would do it. Losing assets or asset value would as well.
Owning real estate for income has a built in, sometimes, but not always unfair, tax exemption called depreciation.

For those that don't already know this stuff:

I have a depreciation deduction on my home office as well as on the furniture and my computers.

On the home office, that depreciation is charged against my capital gains tax when I sell the house. If I die and my son inherits the house, he pays no capital gains, something those claiming, the death tax taxes income twice, keep quiet about and the proponents of estate taxes don't make a big enough fuss about.

On the other hand, someone owning real estate as rental property probably do have a legit depreciation case. After 30 years there's at least a fair chance you will have to replace the building.

I've had to replace my computers more often than the government allows depreciation on them. But I do keep getting the depreciation even if I've moved on to a new computer. The way that works is, if I buy a new computer and use it exclusively for business, instead of deducting that business expense in the year I bought it, I have to (or sometimes can choose to) spread that expense out over the expected life of the purchase.​

What I wonder and don't want to waste time looking into, is if Trump can get a tax benefit from licensing his name.

My thought on the 1995 losses is Trump's assets are heavily mortgaged and his actual income and wealth are possibly in the red. The kids seem to have their own fortunes, but Melania may be in for a rude surprise when Trump dies.
 
Last edited:
These tax laws regarding losses make sense when it comes to businesses continuing to function through an unusually bad period or even keeping an individual from losing their only home or their kid's college fund. When they allow an individual who would remain ridiculously wealthy regardless to avoid taxes for 18 years, the tax laws are not working right.
 
It isn't that hard when you see the Don surrounded by Breitbart & Prisonplanet.

There's a great piece in NZ papers on a typical Trump supporter. Long article, but worth the effort, and yes she is mentally ill, and yes, she also treats Alex Jones as a reliable source. (I'd not even heard the trans/Obama thing)

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11721153

Check out the Kyoon's Theories thread...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306965

that ain't even the wackiest of it.
 
Last edited:
Trump has ADHD!

People are saying so. Many people. The best people.

Ok, so it's just me. But it would seem to explain a few things.

(Actually, a quick Google indicates it's not just me, but I thought of if on my own so there.)
 
My facebook feed would have you believe he's guilty of human trafficking and Eric Trump was found "guilty" of taking a million dollars from his charity to fund Trump business.

If any of those aren't true, the people who put them out there should be ashamed of themselves.
 
This might sound weird. What does it mean in this case to "lose" money?

It can include things like depreciation, which is not really an actual loss. In fact even when the market value of real estate goes up, real estate developers can still write off theoretical paper losses by depreciation.
 
My facebook feed would have you believe he's guilty of human trafficking and Eric Trump was found "guilty" of taking a million dollars from his charity to fund Trump business.

If any of those aren't true, the people who put them out there should be ashamed of themselves.

To the human trafficking, look into the modeling business where Trump was involved in underpaying underage models from other countries while making a lot of money from their work.

Re Eric Trump: Eric Trump ‘Charity’ Spent $880K at Family-Owned Golf Resorts

I doubt it would be hard to find more evidence he takes after his father in skimming off their charities.
 
My facebook feed would have you believe he's guilty of human trafficking and Eric Trump was found "guilty" of taking a million dollars from his charity to fund Trump business.

If any of those aren't true, the people who put them out there should be ashamed of themselves.
That'll be those global special interests. They'll stop at nothing.
 
Trump loses almost a billion dollars in one year and Giuliani calls him a genius.
You may think it's easy, but have you ever managed it? I haven't, and I'm pretty smart.

It's not like you just go into a casino and put a billion on Red. You have to buy the casino and do all sorts of complicated business stuff. It's really hard, and you get no appreciation except from people who think you might fix them up with a cushy job in the near future.
 
I wasn't familiar with them. But they seem to cause a lot of trouble for no good reason.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/17/u...ooking-very-closely-for-voter-fraud.html?_r=0

Right, and that's why I'm not actually all that worried about this, as far as actual voter count. As much as people are discussing this as some type of brand new event, the only thing actually new is that the candidate is openly embracing it - which is just like all of the other racist crap Trump has been spewing over the past few years. A "Trump brigade" out harassing voters in Philly would

1) need to be dragged off by police, if only for their own protection,

2) would actually cause *more* black people to go and vote, just to make sure that he won't win.

Not that I actually want it to happen, of course - I could also see some idiot with a gun showing up screeching about Acorn. But in the end, this is just another exampe of Trump rejecting of Lee Atwater's principle in favor of just yelling "****** ****** ******".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom