• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS / Trumped Up! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're playing the Monica card in force. It's positively surreal to see Trump, Gingrich, and Giuliani -- each in the public eye when they cheated on various of their nine combined spouses -- calling out Hillary.

Fact is indeed stranger than fiction.
 
The bigger question is: who is the idiot in the Trump campaign who let him have his phone back?
I thought between Conway and Ivanka they've found all iPhones and Androids.

After all, we can't trust the future leader of the free world with a twitter -capable device.
Did he let Roger Stone borrow the Android? That's pure rat****ing.
 
Which leads to the following question:

What is the most amazing?
1) That he can't control himself.
2) That (as you wrote) the campaign is so inept that they can't control his Twitter feed.
3) That given all this, the race is to close to call.

4) All of the above.

I can't believe I am actually wishing for Ted Cruz. Not that I'd want him to win, but I could at least wrap my head around why people would support him. Trump... I just don't get it.
 
4) All of the above.

I can't believe I am actually wishing for Ted Cruz. Not that I'd want him to win, but I could at least wrap my head around why people would support him. Trump... I just don't get it.

My hypothesis is that this is all about the SCOTUS. There's just no other reason that would make any sense whatsoever.
 
Really? Like flying while intoxicated? Hardly the regulations I speak of.

Do give us a workplace regulation or two as examples of these laws that lead to civil or criminal charges, as opposed to a list of laws/regulations the inspectors want to see corrected before their next inspection.

Not drunk flying.

The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association publishes a magazine, in which there is a monthly column called "Pilot Counsel".

This is the first that came up on a Google search:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2015/may/pilot/counsel

Read it if you have time. This is about a pilot who believed maintenance had been done, which had in fact been done, just not properly signed off. And a suspension of his license for that oversight.

Again, well short of drunk flying. The column exists to educate pilots on the intricacies of aviation law and how many pilots find their licenses suspended , or even revoked, for what sometimes appear to be quite minor and innocent mistakes.

Anyway, we're pretty far afield from the topic at hand. The above is merely to respond to your assertion that in all sorts of professions people are routinely not charged with relatively minor transgressions. I'm just pointing out that at least one profession is.
 
Last edited:
Not drunk flying.

The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association publishes a magazine, in which there is a monthly column called "Pilot Counsel".

This is the first that came up on a Google search:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2015/may/pilot/counsel

Read it if you have time. This is about a pilot who believed in error that maintenance had been done, which had not been done, and a lack of proper paperwork. And a suspension of his license.

Again, well short of drunk flying. The column exists to educate pilots on the intricacies of aviation law and how many pilots find their licenses suspended , or even revoked, for what sometimes appear to be quite minor and innocent mistakes.
Having your licence suspended doesn't sound like a criminal offense.
 
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-twitter-army-228923

a pretty scary article of Trump's twitter-bot army, which is most likely using technology like the ones used in the Russian election.

This is a big problem for democracy (and a good reason for Millennials to ignore anything election related on twitter), but I think it is an even bigger problem for Trump:
if whenever he says something stupid, hundreds of (as far as he knows) people agree with him, how is he ever going to have a chance to get out of his bubble?
 
4) All of the above.

I can't believe I am actually wishing for Ted Cruz. Not that I'd want him to win, but I could at least wrap my head around why people would support him. Trump... I just don't get it.
Identity politics.

People talk a lot about value systems and differing opinions on government policy, but at the end of the day four-fifths of the voting public will support a moldy sandwich or a rabid badger if it keeps the other tribe out of power. And don't get me started about the last fifth, who're "undecided" until the last minute and then vote for whatever they last heard about on the news.

While disheartening, this doesn't normally pose a problem because both candidates are mostly interchangeable, but in this case only one party has fielded an actual candidate, so we get to face the absurdity that Moldy Sandwich is still one good PR event from winning the Presidency.
 
Last edited:
Having your licence suspended doesn't sound like a criminal offense.

Well, it's a penalty or sanction imposed for violating a federal law.

If your position is that it's not criminal because it goes before administrators rather than criminal courts, I guess you have a point. I supose it depends on the exact definition of "criminal offense", which I don't know offhand.

But my point was that there is at least one profession where said professionals are held to a pretty high standard and routinely held accountable for seemingly minor and technical violations.

And, anticipating an argument, yes - the possible consequences of pilot and mechanics violating laws are dire enough that such action can be deemed appropriate. But could not the same be said of government officials allowing classified information to be stored in a vulnerable location? That can have pretty dire consequences as well, hence the severity of the penalties for violating said laws.
 
Last edited:
The bigger question is: who is the idiot in the Trump campaign who let him have his phone back?
I thought between Conway and Ivanka they've found all iPhones and Androids.

After all, we can't trust the future leader of the free world with a twitter -capable device.

Can you imagine being Conway. It's just after midnight and you are finally getting to sleep. It wasn't a great day, but the wheels are still rolling and the gap with Hillary isn't growing much. Just need to get off these side show issues and back onto Hillary. Tomorrow will be a good day, set the alarm for 6:00 and we can really get the narrative back on track in the morning.

Wakes to her phone blowing up at 5:30 with a twitter **** storm. Her morning coffee got an earful.
 
Can you imagine being Conway. It's just after midnight and you are finally getting to sleep. It wasn't a great day, but the wheels are still rolling and the gap with Hillary isn't growing much. Just need to get off these side show issues and back onto Hillary. Tomorrow will be a good day, set the alarm for 6:00 and we can really get the narrative back on track in the morning.

Wakes to her phone blowing up at 5:30 with a twitter **** storm. Her morning coffee got an earful.
Donald was a known quantity when she signed up. Besides you can't do much campaign managing from a green room. This is the type of crap Bannon has made a career out of peddling to deplorables.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom