AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator
- Joined
- Nov 6, 2010
- Messages
- 4,341
He's still a buffoon, but he's making progress. Something that, unfortunately, I didn't see with Sarah Palin in 2008.
Nice to have someone doing analysis and applying reason instead of emotional attacking.
Palin was no scholar but had the ability to talk off the cuff in ordinary, plain English before being picked by McCain. She had zero national experience and a short career up here. She was picked because she was a pretty woman, had a reputation as a "maverick" to match McCain, and as an unknown with no experience could, theoretically, be molded into whatever they wanted.
I watched videos of them training her in the inconsistent and murderous foreign policy - all the code words for the establishment and the buzz words for the public. The talking points. From a podium with cameras and lights for practice. She just couldn't do it.
It not only came off badly, because she couldn't deliver the Washington vocabulary and establishment line like Clinton can, but she even lost the ability to just speak in her own simple terms.
Trump on the other hand has a lot of international business experience. He's in the financial capital of the world. He's leading his own agenda, his own ideas, not memorizing someone else's spin on events.
Who knows. I don't know how to call this, I just thought people here were all underestimating Trump. I am voting third party, and it looks like about 10% of us are so far, enough to swing an election. Most are libertarian but green is growing quickly. A Bernie bump probably.
Trump could still blow it with some ghastly gaff or three, lol. But they have been on him since the beginning and its been Teflon. I too thought him a buffoon but look where he is now. Got to give respect where it is due.
Now that the WikiLeaks emails point to Hillary going along with McCainfunding ISIS/Al Qaeda & variants in Syria, in Libya too I think - the debates will force her to answer to Trump on that. She has a lot of bad coming.