• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend - Part 2

Let us hope fiction never obscures the facts. A scared man in obsessivly defending his paramour tragically kills her.

I agree with you 100%, but....


Pistorious is innocent of the charge.

......this conclusion does not follow. Even if you think Attila the Hun or Vlad the Impaler is behind a closed door, firing through it turns you into a murderer.
 
Last edited:
Provably incorrect.

Come on, do a Fonzie. You are wrong. Admit it.

I agree with you 100%, but....




......this conclusion does not follow. Even if you think Attila the Hun or Vlad the Impaler is behind a closed door, firing through it turns you into a murderer.
So time served is fine because he will never kill again.
Why is this not front and center here?
 
So time served is fine because he will never kill again.
Why is this not front and center here?

Because bizarrely you insist on endlessly dragging us back to the silly notion that the guy is innocent. We have to discuss it over and over, ad infinitum, because you fail to grasp the simple principle that you can't just kill people you are frightened of, and just because someone is in your house doesn't give you the right to kill them. He is a murderer. You're the only person left on the planet who can't see that. The rest of us, whatever motivations we think he may or may not have had, are reconciled to the law: he's a murdererer awaiting sentence.
 
Because bizarrely you insist on endlessly dragging us back to the silly notion that the guy is innocent. We have to discuss it over and over, ad infinitum, because you fail to grasp the simple principle that you can't just kill people you are frightened of, and just because someone is in your house doesn't give you the right to kill them. He is a murderer. You're the only person left on the planet who can't see that. The rest of us, whatever motivations we think he may or may not have had, are reconciled to the law: he's a murdererer awaiting sentence.
You realise you hold the least common ground, mistaken identity yet murderer.
A very large majority says killed girl friend in hot blood.
 
You realise you hold the least common ground, mistaken identity yet murderer.
A very large majority says killed girl friend in hot blood.

You're on the least common ground. You claim innocence. I claim he had exactly the same motivation as you claim......but the fact is, the law in SA does not allow you kill people if you aren't in imminent danger.
 
You're on the least common ground. You claim innocence. I claim he had exactly the same motivation as you claim......but the fact is, the law in SA does not allow you kill people if you aren't in imminent danger.

Personally, I think he knew he was shooting at his girlfriend through the door but I don't think that is provable.
 
*Trigger Warning*

Poor Oscar now has PTSD from murdering his girlfriend.

Or, much more likely, having been nailed for it is causing his PTSD. The over-privileged little twat thought he could get away with murder. It must've been hell finding out that was wrong.

The boy belongs in a hospital, not a prison. This story is just so sad I'm blinking back tears. I think we should start a change.org petition to ensure he gets the help he needs.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11656565
 
Because bizarrely you insist on endlessly dragging us back to the silly notion that the guy is innocent. We have to discuss it over and over, ad infinitum, because you fail to grasp the simple principle that you can't just kill people you are frightened of, and just because someone is in your house doesn't give you the right to kill them. He is a murderer. You're the only person left on the planet who can't see that. The rest of us, whatever motivations we think he may or may not have had, are reconciled to the law: he's a murdererer awaiting sentence.

Well, technically you can in the U.S.

ETA: Which, I might say, I am quite satisfied with.
If Oscar had been in the U.S. I suppose he would have had an acceptable defense.
 
Last edited:
*Trigger Warning*

Poor Oscar now has PTSD from murdering his girlfriend.

Or, much more likely, having been nailed for it is causing his PTSD. The over-privileged little twat thought he could get away with murder. It must've been hell finding out that was wrong.

The boy belongs in a hospital, not a prison. This story is just so sad I'm blinking back tears. I think we should start a change.org petition to ensure he gets the help he needs.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11656565

Yeah, that's enough to make me cry. Boo-hoo for poor Oscar. And here his uncle wants him to work with under privledged children, instead of being incarcerated.

Can't help but think about the woman he murdered and how she will never have children, or a life of any kind.
 
There is no doubt Reeva ate after midnight on stomach contents. If they were heard screaming at each other at 1 am this is tough for Pistorius, because he lied about that event.
This does not prove he hunted her into a bathroom and shot her 2 hours later however, because he would lie about that 1 am argument when considering they would be highly inculpatory, but to an innocent Pistorius, irrelevant, and indeed not known to anyone but himself.
Stomach contents are very very important in these matters because they show who is manufacturing evidence.
 
Last edited:
One thing about recent developments sickens me.

Reeva's parents have asked that the photos of her injuries be released.

Obviously, the vultures of the the world's media have been all over it, and the freshly-murdered pics are now forever embedded in the internet.

What the hell for?

What purpose is there in anyone outside of the court seeing those pictures? They don't change the facts, and it's just sop to a media that already largely thrives on disaster- and violence-porn.

Reeva's parents are not doing anyone a favour here, except perhaps appeasing a guilty conscience. An absurd decision.
 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-wouldnt-want-me-to-waste-my-life-behind-bars

Pistorius gave an interview on ITV that will be aired Friday.

News of the ITV interview clearly annoyed the state prosecutor Gerry Nel, who told the court it gave the lie to the claim that the athlete was unable to testify, adding that it was “disrespectful”.

The Atheist:

Reeva's parents are not doing anyone a favour here, except perhaps appeasing a guilty conscience. An absurd decision

Who is appeasing their guilty conscience?
Are the parents guilty of something?
 
Last edited:
Who is appeasing their guilty conscience?
Are the parents guilty of something?

Not trying to stop their daughter going out with a psycho, maybe?

I'm surmising, because I think public release of the post mortem photos is a bizarre thing to do.
 
The original timeline was for a new sentence by last Friday. Does anyone have any idea when we can expect it?
 
This report by Oscar is interesting. I guess as usual, it won't change anyone's mind as to whether he thought it was Reeva or an intruder, certainly it confirms for me he thought it was an intruder.

"And I'm scared; I'm terrified and I get my firearm and I say to Reeva, I said, 'call the police and get down on the floor. Call the police and get down on the floor'. But I'm still whispering at this stage.

"The first thing was thinking that I need to grab my firearm

"Basically on one of my hands, both my stumps and pointing the firearm. So I'm low down and I'm starting to shake and sweating and become.. Overcome with fear.

"And at that point I just entered into the passage and I start shouting and I start screaming get the ◊◊◊◊ out of my house. Get out of my house. And I start screaming. And the more I start screaming the more scared I'm actually getting. The more like... the more, the more real this is feeling."


and

"Why didn't she shout at me from the toilet and all these things. I can't say, why did she do them, she didn't do anything wrong. But it's difficult. It's difficult to know if one of those small things didn't happen that the situation would be different. And I would still have her here with me."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11662145
 
I'd personally take more notice of his sworn testimony in a courtroom where it is subject to cross examination, than to an interview in which he gets the opportunity to present whatever version of his story is foremost in his mind at the time, without contradiction. I also think it interesting that he is supposedly too emotionally unstable to be able to speak in court at the moment, yet he is fine to do an in depth TV interview.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom