doronshadmi
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Mar 15, 2008
- Messages
- 13,320
Please pay attention that according to post http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11243802&postcount=1040, there are different sizes of infinite sets and yet any given infinite size can be changed by adding to it finite or infinite amount of members.
Maybe I am wrong but I think that the notion that, for example, aleph0=aleph0+1 is based on the fact that a proper subset of a given set with infinitely many members is in bijection with its infinite set (for example: the set of odd numbers is in bijection with the set of natural numbers), but being in bijection between a given infinite set and its proper subset does not avoid the conclusion that the number of members of that set+1 > the number of members of that set by 1 more member (as shown in http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11243802&postcount=1040).
Maybe I am wrong but I think that the notion that, for example, aleph0=aleph0+1 is based on the fact that a proper subset of a given set with infinitely many members is in bijection with its infinite set (for example: the set of odd numbers is in bijection with the set of natural numbers), but being in bijection between a given infinite set and its proper subset does not avoid the conclusion that the number of members of that set+1 > the number of members of that set by 1 more member (as shown in http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11243802&postcount=1040).
Last edited: