• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Should New Zealand Change its flag?

Should New Zealand change its flag?

  • I'm a Kiwi and I say Mind Your Own *********** Business!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    132
I think it will actually be a lot closer than the boring old flag people are making out
 
The point is that it's pretty dumb to interpret NZ as being anyone's "errand boy" on the basis of something on the flag. When was the last time NZ did or didn't do something due to this historical detail?

1963-66 - The Malaysia Confrontation.. not really that long ago from a historical perspective.

I was a child at the time, but I remember it, and how upset my Dad was about what went on there.
 
I think it will actually be a lot closer than the boring old flag people are making out

Nice list of high profile supporters for change.

One thing which could stuff it up is some Aussie group saying we should change.

I'm sure they were paid by the RSA.
 
Here is an update. I drove south over the bridge today about zenith, a fair westerly blowing, sun illuminating both flags directly. This was as fine a comparison as I could imagine.

The union jack was strong in colour and geometry, while the detail on the proposed new flag was impossible to discern, it shimmered and design elements were concealed.

Don't get hoodwinked again, and let us get the republic first, then do the flag properly.

This was a watershed moment for moi.

(I was already committed to the old flag, but that is irrelevant in the context of this post).
 
Apparently if you have got your voting paper you can't send it in till July.
 
1963-66 - The Malaysia Confrontation.. not really that long ago from a historical perspective.

I was a child at the time, but I remember it, and how upset my Dad was about what went on there.

A Commonwealth in support of Malaysia vs. Indonesia conflict, not Britain vs Indonesia.

Given Indoniesia's subsequent track record in East Timor, I doubt anyone would suggest NZ picked the wrong side previously.
 
Last edited:
Votings pretty much over people.

Picking old flag to unfortunately win, but by closer than expected
 
I tell what would be really ironic. If the turnout was higher than the general election.
Postal ballot is less effort, so greater compliance. There is also far less stringent checking of validity of the vote.

One thing I notice is the vehemence of statusquoers. They are really pleased with their vote.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom