acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 14, 2012
- Messages
- 40,992
The Kerchers would be very well advised to let all this drop - and on top of this, I genuinely don't believe that they have the collective character to bring any sort of further action.
Because if they do bring civil action against Knox or Sollecito in UK, US or Italy (or even some sort of civil action against the Marasca verdict in Italy?), they risk placing themselves in the hole for even more money than they already owe that showman Maresca (unless he's done the decent thing and mitigated some or all of his huge fee....), and they will be doing the equivalent of a man with toothache being unable to resist touching his aching tooth to repeat the pain. On top of that, I feel (sadly, for them) very confident that they will never get anywhere near reaching a "balance of probabilities" verdict in their favour against Knox or Sollecito in any US or UK court, for reasons which should be pretty clear to everyone with his/her eyes open and no axe to grind. God knows what might or might not happen in Italy - it seems almost impossible to predict outcomes in their crazy, arcane and thoroughly unfit-for-purpose justice system.
Personally, I don't see how it is even remotely possible for the Kerchief to press any kind of action against Amanda. The criminal case for murder and the civil case for wrongful death against them was DECIDED in court.
This is not the OJ case where OJ was only acquitted in the criminal case and not the civil case.
Courts in the US and I believe the UK would not even hear the case and if they did, it is extremely doubtful that any judgment would be enforceable. It would also cost a large fortune to effectively press the suit.
Every time I hear this suggestion, all I can think is the people are morons. That said, we've seen some bizarre things from the courts. I like to think that is just Italy. So maybe they're not. It certainly does seem like at least massive wishful thinking.