"...to shift the burden...". Apparently not so ridiculous.
Again, real mathematician actually welcomes mathematical challenges.
Since "...to shift the burden..." is your response to mathematical challenges, it seems that you do not have the needed passion in order to be considered as real mathematician.
I am sure that you know a lot about the current discussed subject, and one of the important things that I have learned from you about the current subject, is the difficulty to use diagonalization among non-ordered collections.
ZF(C) is considered as a pure-set theory where order is insignificant, which means that diagonalization can't be used directly within ZF(C), or in other words, some technique has to be used in order to use ordered things, such that they are based on non-ordered things.
For example, the representation of ordered pairs in terms of pure sets (where order is insignificant among pure sets) (for example: Kuratowski definition as seen in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordered_pair).
Since you can't or don't wish to be a participator of such challenge, I have no choice but to do it by myself, but basically I think that mathematical development has to be done not only individually.
------------------
Any way since this is the current state (you can't or don't wish to be a participator of such challenge) I'll try to do it by myself as best I can.
Here it is:
Each member in the set of proper infinite subsets of set
N is mapped with its disjoint set of
N members.
If I am not wrong, this set of all disjoint sets is actually the power set of set
N (notated as P(
N)).
So, if I am not wrong, the cardinality of the set of all proper infinite subsets of set
N can't be less than |P(
N)|.
----------------------
Now, let's return to Cantor's proof of Cantor's theorem:
1) It is impossible to determine the set of all P(
N) members, such that no one of these unique members is mapped with some unique member of set
N.
2) Order is insignificant within ZF(C) (which is a pure set theory), so I don't see how diagonalization can directly be used among sets, in order to prove that |P(
N)| > |
N| (and do not forget that we are dealing here with infinite sets).
3) By not ignoring (1) and (2), I still do not see how exactly Cantor proved his theorem in case of infinite sets.
In that stage, jsfisher, I need your help on order to clearly show that Cantor's proof of his theorem, actually uses diagonalization among sets (where order is insignificant and sets are pure), such that he actually proves that it is not closed under the equation |
N|+1=|
N|.