Meadmaker
Unregistered
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2004
- Messages
- 29,033
Don't we also all agree that for First Amendment reasons (at least) no government should ban the display of the Confederate flag by private individuals? That is how I feel, and I can't recall any post that states the opposite.
So we can stop here. Frankly I would like to do so, because I think we have all stated our positions and our rationale for them.
Yes. More love all around.
So, if everyone agrees that
1. South Carolina should have taken down that flag. and
2. Private individuals can display it wherever they want and
3. What those private people are thinking is their own business, but they have to understand that they might have to deal with the enmity of others, and that those others may even question their sincerity about what they claim to believe and
4. Government doesn't really need to do anything else.
If we all agree on those things, then we all ought to agree that this has been very productive and we all agree on all those positions.
Or.....is there anything else?