• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

South Carolina, tear down that flag!

And so do I. I'm not making any claims of fact, just stating opinions based on my travels around the USA.
I'm interested how these claims relate to NASCAR. How many races have you attended? Myself, about 80+ in 20 states. Let me guess, Googled NASCAR?
 
Last edited:
I'm glad you said this. Let's abolish the flag and make racism disappear. (well at least until after the election).

:rolleyes:

How about that we start by not waving symbols that are already closely tied to slavery and racism? As, you know, a first step?
 
I'm interested how these claims relate to NASCAR. How many races have you attended? Myself, about 80+ in 20 states. Let me guess, Googled NASCAR?

Yawn. My opinion is based on the fact that NASCAR fans wave confederate flags.
 
How about that we start by not waving symbols that are already closely tied to slavery and racism? As, you know, a first step?
It's not always that clear cut. Making this symbol a clear cut symbol of racism is going to do more harm then good. This is why I say, It has more meanings then the knee-jerk reaction it's getting now. Understand?
 
Interesting. If you wave the American flag, that means you support the war on terror?
If the American flag was created specifically for the War on Terror, sure. Or if it was created specifically for just war in general, I can see that too.

I do see your point, however, in that the American flag can represent many things, as is claimed the CBF does as well, and that most are only selecting one of these many things when it comes to the CBF. Yes?
 
If the American flag was created specifically for the War on Terror, sure. Or if it was created specifically for just war in general, I can see that too.

I do see your point, however, in that the American flag can represent many things, as is claimed the CBF does as well, and that most are only selecting one of these many things when it comes to the CBF. Yes?

Well it actually was(not specifically this war but, rebellion) . The years 1775 -1783 comes to mind
 
It's not always that clear cut. Making this symbol a clear cut symbol of racism is going to do more harm then good. This is why I say, It has more meanings then the knee-jerk reaction it's getting now. Understand?

It already is a symbol of racism, whether the people waving it intend that as what they are trying to get across or not. Even if it has other meanings, these meanings are a tiny part of what it symbolizes in general. The Confederate flag was created as a symbol of the defense of slavery, and revived as a symbol for the defense of segregation. The American flag has been used for multiple purposes, some good and some dreadful. But it was never created and used expressly to defend the indefensible. Even the swastika was created for totally different purposes before it was subverted by the Nazis, but is nonetheless now considered as a lost cause to try to revive as a "good" symbol.

But let me be even more specific. Does the Confederate flag offend most black people? I would hazard a guess yes, justifiably. Then why wave it? It one wants to show how far the South has come, if one wants to symbolize this, then don't use a symbol inevitably tied to the racist, pro-slavery past. And don't use a symbol that brings up dreadful memories in a large part of your population.
 
Last edited:
I asked for a reason why NASCAR was considered predominately racist. The answer was, "red necks". Did you miss this or do you agree?

I couldn't care less about NASCAR.

If people are displaying the Confederate flag, they are displaying a symbol of racism and hatred. It is really just as simple as that. They may rationalize it or be in denial, but it doesn't change anything.
 
I couldn't care less about NASCAR.

If people are displaying the Confederate flag, they are displaying a symbol of racism and hatred. It is really just as simple as that. They may rationalize it or be in denial, but it doesn't change anything.
I'd love for you to meet me in Charlotte for the October race. Maybe you could explain this to all my friends. Last year, with "rebel" flags visible, I was declared the "token white guy"(I didn't have one, flag that is).

Racism goes away when you stop making it an issue. My friends know this.
 
So your plan is to ban a flag. Let me know how that works out. My plan is to stop actually seeing it as an issue. All my friends think it works. :rolleyes:

Not planning on banning it. Just calling out the idiotic notion that the flag does not symbolize white supremacists.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom