Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2011
- Messages
- 15,713
Anyone know if there's any news on the Honour Bound trial?
We need Machiavelli - he is up on these things.
Anyone know if there's any news on the Honour Bound trial?
Quite so. I posted the quote from Massei here. If memory serves, the point unexpectedly revived in Nencini's motivation.
I quoted Massei's direct quote of Dr Rinaldi, earlier.
I have to admit I found Massei, Nencini and Chieffi strong on logic; incisive, perspicacious and legally sound. I nodded my head at their elegance of expression.
Hellmann was all over the place. "Amanda and Raf were just having a romantic evening". It showed the brainpower of a legal pygmy.
I expect the reasoning of Bruno-Marasca will also cause me to frown, as it is sure to be completely irrational, abstract and severely legally compromised.
That is the bizarre thing about this case. Having shredded Hellmann's report on the above grounds and directing Nencini to correct Hellmann's shortcomings, SC have now torn up Nencini's.
Vixen,I do not believe the claim Italy has no process for police complaints.
I have to admit I found Massei, Nencini and Chieffi strong on logic; incisive, perspicacious and legally sound. I nodded my head at their elegance of expression.
ECHR is independent of individual EU states.
Is there any evidence of Amanda being assaulted and abused by the police?
I do not believe the claim Italy has no process for police complaints.
ECHR will want to know why Amanda did not go through the police complaints procedure.
Selling her story to OGGI does not count. Honest!
Anglo IIRC has pointed out that in the UK and here one's statements in court can't result in defamation or other charges except perjury. In Italy the repeating in another country of a court made statement resulted in charges being filed against Amanda's parents.
Perhaps Rose or another has a list of charges and threats of charges for defamation and calumnia etc. in this case.
This to me explains why the lawyers for the defense treaded so carefully around anything close to an accusation of any wrong doing.
I agree Donnino's "diplomatic mediator" role is probably wrong.
However, it is standard police interrogation technique to "put suggestions" to people brought in for questioning.
Amanda rolled into the questura voluntarily and even insisted in giving Officer Rita Ficcara a written statement as "a gift".
Anglo IIRC has pointed out that in the UK and here one's statements in court can't result in defamation or other charges except perjury. In Italy the repeating in another country of a court made statement resulted in charges being filed against Amanda's parents.
Perhaps Rose or another has a list of charges and threats of charges for defamation and calumnia etc. in this case.
This to me explains why the lawyers for the defense treaded so carefully around anything close to an accusation of any wrong doing.
1) It's not "probably wrong". It's a violation of Amanda's human rights. It's not even a case on the margins. Donnino's own testimony condemns her and the cops who permitted her behaviour.
2) The cops can put whatever suggestions they like to Amanda, but they have to do it through her lawyer. She had no lawyer. Making accusatory suggestions to anyone in police custody without a lawyer present is a violation of a suspect's procedural rights. If the cops are putting such suggestions to you, then that is evidence you are a suspect.
3) This nonsense about "a gift" keeps getting recycled. Amanda, who didn't have enough Italian, was searching for the Italian word for "explanation". Instead, she mistakenly used the word "regalo", which means gift or present.
Do keep up.
Anyone know if there's any news on the Honour Bound trial?
What is the past tense of dive?
dived You will commonly find 'dove' being used. This was not originally correct, but a form that developed from usages of similarly structured words such as "drive-drove".
Source: http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_past_tense_of_dive
Answer by On the Wallaby
Confidence votes 228K
Passionate about all things Australia
ETA: More than you may want to know:
Usage Discussion of DIVE
Dive, which was originally a weak verb, developed a past tense dove, probably by analogy with verbs like drive, drove. Dove exists in some British dialects and has become the standard past tense especially in speech in some parts of Canada. In the United States dived and dove are both widespread in speech as past tense and past participle, with dove less common than dived in the south Midland area, and dived less common than dove in the Northern and north Midland areas. In writing, the past tense dived is usual in British English and somewhat more common in American English. Dove seems relatively rare as a past participle in writing.
Source:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dive
Hello Everyone....I'm new here but I hope I have a pretty good understanding of the debacle but forgive me if I introduce stuff already covered. Hopefully I add a slightly different slant.
Hello Everyone....I'm new here but I hope I have a pretty good understanding of the debacle but forgive me if I introduce stuff already covered. Hopefully I add a slightly different slant.
The "staged break in" has always troubled me. Surely Mignini and the overruled Judges are not so stupid that they believe staged break ins are always evidence of inside jobs. Of course they may be but the quickness to this conclusion by the prosecution has hints of Inspector Clouseau at work. If this is the extent of the Italian police work it is worrying to say the least. A message to burglars to stage a staged break after their break in thereby deflecting suspicion to the inhabitants and rendering themselves immune from being caught. I'm not suggesting anything by bringing this up other than ineptness by the Italian authorities by jumping to conclusions before proper investigation takes place.
I'm not averse to a little gambling from time to time but if you offered me a bet on the chances of murder accomplices unknowingly faking one of their colleague's favourite break in methods at a crime scene I'd expect to see odds in the tens of thousands to one. It's just too ridiculous for words to believe that K&S unwittingly happened to emulate Guede's previously used methods of breaking and entering. Sorry...just NO.
The "clean up" suggestion is absurd. Mignini (and possibly some of the overruled Judges) suggest Knox is cunning. However it's not cunning to attempt a cleanup of your own presence at a crime scene. It's stupid because it cannot be done and that is all the proof you need to prove it wasn't done. You can alter evidence of one's presence at a crime scene but you cannot remove it. The longer you stay and clean the more new evidence you leave to be found by police (if they do their work properly). If K&S had entered Kercher's room to "clean up" they would certainly have brought into the room new evidence of their presence. Whether they could remove more of "themselves" than they introduce is academic but to think anybody is capable of "overseeing the removal of their presence" is just plain deluded. ...or does Mignini and company think those fellows wear their white suits just for the fun of it.
There is only one way for K&S to have an absence of presence in the murder room and that's for them to be have been absent from the murder room.....or to wear a forensic experts white outfit. .....oh and try working with household cleaners and see how the stench follows you around for those around you to smell....for hours.
In fact were K&S guilty (hypothetically let's just assume this) AND cunning surely the cunning thing to do is the simplest. "Break in" through the front door after Rudy leaves then break into Meredith's room. Then "investigate" what's under the blanket and tramp your evidence all around the room and then the apartment. Then call the police. Job done.
...but a staged break in with a rock fetched from outside (in full view to inquisitive passers by) to then go inside to smash windows (which might alert neighbours) is just inconceivably stupid. So stupid that I would suggest that no such complete idiot exists that would attempt such folly. (In fact some would suggest that K&S are that stupid as to select a rock barely able to be tossed more than few metres). But it requires an even bigger idiot to conceive this type of "staging" to be a remotely plausible scenario (..and I haven't even broached the stupidity of "staging" a break in through a window too high off the ground to climb into as suggested by some of those so blinded).
I live in a country with one of the highest murder rates in the entire world...South Africa. It is absolutely common for a single attacker to inflict multiple wounds on multiple victims at a single murder scene. One person can murder an entire family (google farm murders in South Africa) in the most vicious and torturing way without any sign of resistance from the victims. Multiple attackers it may have been but to rule out a single attacker is utterly idiotic.
I have to admit I found Massei, Nencini and Chieffi strong on logic; incisive, perspicacious and legally sound. I nodded my head at their elegance of expression.
Hellmann was all over the place. "Amanda and Raf were just having a romantic evening". It showed the brainpower of a legal pygmy.
I expect the reasoning of Bruno-Marasca will also cause me to frown, as it is sure to be completely irrational, abstract and severely legally compromised.
My personal belief is that the police and prosecutor claimed the break-in was staged as part of the effort to frame Amanda Knox. Others believe that the police sincerely thought the break-in was staged, even though they did not have reliable evidence to support that claim, and it was not actually staged. And some still believe the police claim.