lonepinealex
Muse
I think that I have precisely zero interest (far less any motivation) in trying to sway public opinion. I also find it very hard to understand why anyone who wasn't intimately connected with Knox/Sollecito or their families would be emotionally motivated to try to influence public opinion.
To put it bluntly: why do you care if certain online articles are artificially given undue prominence by nutter pro-guilt commentators? Why do you care if nutter pro-guilt commentators flood twitter and comments sections with mendacious nonsense? Why should you care if some sections of the wider public read that stuff and are swayed by it?
The short answer is that you shouldn't care about any of that. I doubt that Knox or Sollecito themselves care about it (at least, I hope they don't), except for if it reaches criminal or civil-defamatory levels, in which case they have the machinery of the law to use to defend themselves. Who cares what the general public thinks? Something like 40% of Americans (IIRC) still think there was some sort of conspiracy behind the assassination of JFK, after all.....
Agreed, let the guilters waste their time, if that's what they're up to. I don't believe the general public has much, if any, interest in the case now anyway. Only we obsessives are still talking about it!
