HumanityBlues
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Dec 20, 2009
- Messages
- 1,741
With regard to the DNA evidence, she insists that contamination is not a realistic possibility, and she seems to think she can prove this with math.
When she advanced this line of thinking on IIP, she ran up against two scientists who have hands-on experience with PCR analysis of DNA samples. They told her contamination happens all the time. The knife is almost certainly residual contamination from the lab, and the bra clasp was contaminated before it ever got to the lab, so C&V got it right: both these test results are junk.
She didn't want to hear it. The more she argued with them, the more clear it became that she doesn't have even a layman's knowledge of PCR analysis. Hence she does not grasp the need for precision. She regarded Stefanoni's sloppy work as the maverick path of an innovator who is unfettered by conventional thinking.
I can't remember when this was, but I think it was probably 2012, and you might be able to find it in the archives over there. It is worth reading if you are interested.
My guess is because math is her specialty, she needed to find a way to incorporate the subject into this case in order to.... I don't know... keep from getting bored. I read her chapter in her book on Amanda Knox, and it really just seemed to me she was really stretching to find a way to use her expertise in some way just to talk about the case.
I also think she's a crazy lunatic.