Mach,
I see you're back on this topic. Apparently discussion of the horrendous police mistreatment of Patrick Lumumba, which had been documented in a contemporary newspaper article if I recall correctly, has touched a nerve.
While I said that I speculated that Mr. Lumumba had dropped his legal action and ceased making statements about his mistreatment at the hands of the Italian police, which occurred at the time and subsequent to his arrest on Nov. 6, 2007 for the murder/rape of Meredith Kercher, which was a false charge brought against him by the Italian police, as a result of coercion or some form of threat or intimidation by the police, I never called him a "puppy" nor was I the one speculating in any way about him being blackmailed as a result of any questionable activity on his part. Others might have speculated about him being blackmailed on the basis of some activity the police had detected, but I believe the police in some places are powerful and corrupt enough not to need such an excuse to persecute or coerce an honest and innocent person, especially in Italy.
All these insults you are piling on Mr. Lumumba (puppy, worm, loathing compassion, etc.) are strictly your own saying, your own words. You are not quoting me.
I have never met Mr. Patrick Lumumba, but if he has been a victim of police brutality, as he initially reported and began to take legal action on, I feel a deep and sincere compassion for him. There have been many such victims, even here in the US. And I have a strong belief that authorities who abuse and brutalize should be held accountable. Your words seem to me merely a way to disguise the issue of this alleged police brutality that was initially reported by Patrick Lumumba.
However, it is or was for Mr. Lumumba and the Italian Republic to seek the legal consequences for alleged police brutallity in the jurisdiction of Italy, since we here in the US only know about it from news reports. If Patrick Lumumba decided based upon his own reason and free will not to pursue that matter, that was of course his free choice.
If I or others here speculate that a corrupt police force has coerced or influenced him to drop his legal action against the police, I certainly do not consider that a mark against him. There are many otherwise proud and courageous people who have been forced to do things against their will by the coercion of unjust authorities. Europe in the twentieth century was replete with uncounted examples of that.
In my opinion, you merely hide your support of a corrupt police force behind you insincere concerns for Mr. Lumumba's honor.