-
-
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on first two parts, but what does "ex post consideration" mean to you?
I do share your concern with no DNA of Guede in the bathroom. I will give you that. You would think there would be. What is your explanation, or anyone else?
d
-
In the murder room, Rudy's presence involved extremely violent physical contact with Meredith, so am I wrong or does that seem more likely to shed DNA?
second, Rudy's traces in blood, for example fingerprints, or Meredith's clothes and purse - the blood evidence provides a visible trace of where to do a test for biological material.
Whereas in the bathroom, there was no struggle,
and there was likely less of a focus on testing as thoroughly as was done in the bedroom. And even not all the samples that were clearly related to the crime were tested right away, or even at all (blood on items of clothing, semen stain, bra clasp, etc).
So the bathroom is far less likely to have Guede's DNA, because he only used it that one time, where as Amanda and Meredith had shared it for a month.
I am curious if the half bloody foot print on the bath mat was ever tested for DNA? That would be interesting if it came up just Rudy and Meredith.
So more violence and greater police focus on testing in the bedroom, assisted by visual blood spots to direct the tech's attention to the sites to be tested;
As opposed to less focus on testing by police, even though they used the same cotton swabs to sweep wide areas of the bathroom, plus no violent struggle, and no blood spots to help guide the testing sites.
Also, the lack of bloody footprints in the hallway, I believe indicates a quick clean-up with the towels that were found in Meredith's room, no?
It's also poorly reasoned to expect Rudy's DNA in Filomena's room, as much as we would expect it to be in Meredith's bedroom, for the same reasons. Although there was hair and blood found by the window, but which Stef apparently wasn't able to get a result, IIRC.