acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 14, 2012
- Messages
- 40,962
I imagine they were suspicious of her early on. But they were probably suspicious of many people.
The question is when they were legally forced to stop their questioning and provide her with a lawyer.
I don't know the intricacies of Italian law. But I'm guessing they never crossed those boundaries when they were interviewing her on a night they didn't want to see her, and in a split second she decided to tell them she was at the scene of the murder and witnessed another man rape and murder MK.
You can spin this out legally any way you want. I just doubt the ECHR will see it any differently.
The question isn't about the intricacies of Italian Law but the ECHR convention that Italy is a signatory.
Earlier, you said it was just wishful thinking, but that isn't it at all. It is based on the precedence of similar cases. The ECHR convention and the case law seems to support Amanda. You're the one that seems to be basing your opinion about how they will rule based on nothing but your own gut or wishful thinking. I have yet to read about a case where the defendant was denied legal counsel during questioning where they have ruled in favor of the prosecution. Do you?