I can't even tell for sure what the nouances of these words mean in English. I think it's an imperfect translation, nothing more. I actually think it looks more resembling a word-by-word translation rather than an accurate translation.
There are words in the translation that are obviously wrong. For example: De Felice is reported saying "Merdith was morally innocent".
But De Felice didn't say "innocent", he said "integerrima". It's different semantics, you can't overlap the meanings of these words.
Maybe I would have translated "integerrima" with "stainless" or something similar. You need to make choices.
The word "ammissione" is also used in Italian with a different meaning compared to English. I didn't realize this difference myself, until some years ago when I was discussing on PMF for the first times, I maintained that Guede "admitted he had sex with Meredith" and I realized that English language uses the verb "to admit" in a much more narrow sense than Italian language. In fact in Italian we use "ammettere" and "ammissione" really in a lot of ways, with a meaning that is even more generic than the word "statement"; an "ammissione" is a fragment from a statement, an incomplete piece of information.
Then there is how Italian speak and build statements, for example since Italian language normally requires articles, and has different types of articles with different meaning, while instead English has rules for some stataments that are to be built without articles; so if an Italian speaker omits an article in a statement, there is a meaning, while in English there is another.
I do not expect a newspaper article to get all those translations perfectly correct.