Greetings from rainy Los Angeles!
I was reading in an old book I have and found this passage that intrigues yet bothers me,
it's about the original Massei Trial:
Forensic expert Vincenzo Pascali quit in May, leaving a big hole in the Sollecito team...
<snip>
He was replaced by Francesco Introna, a close friend of Raffaele's father and a brilliant Pugliese scholar who spoke English to the foreign press. During his testimony, Introna dramatically plunged a knife into the neck of a mannequin to prove his point to the jury. He testified that Meredith was killed by just one person, Rudy Guede, who
grabbed her from behind and stabbed her in the neck.
A month later, Amanda's own forensic expert, Carlo Torre, told the court that yes, Meredith had been killed by one person, Rudy Guede, but that
she had been stabbed from the front. If the defense experts could not even agree on the details of the murder, what hope was there for the jury to take their side?
*
* * *
I sometimes ask questions about this case we discuss because heck, if the 2 defense forensic experts couldn't agree on how Meredith was killed, I'm gonna keep an open mind about most everything in this horrible murder case...
Today for example,
I still wonder about the details of a finding that I became better aware of.
Why are there a strangers fingerprints on a womans underwear drawer?
We're talking about a rape and murder.
Laura's fingerprints are there, but someone elses too.
Whose?
CarbonJam72 gave me some thoughts about his/her theory the other day,
But I disagree, I think they mean something.
Read these 2 snippets from Old Perugia Shock I posted the other day:
Scientific police have the technician who makes the prints visible, the one who takes pictures of them, the one who chooses the readable ones (those that have at least 16 points at a fair distance) and the one who looks for matches comparing them with the suspects fingerprints or with the database.
At the end
108 pictures were taken, each one containing one to three signs. It would be too long to say what was found where. Also there's a bit of confusion with full or partial fingerprints or stains but at the end we may say that of these signs
97 could be said to be fingerprints.
47 belonged to Meredith Kercher, 17 to Rudy Guede, 5 to Raffaele Sollecito, 5 to Filomena Romanelli, 5 to Laura Mezzetti, 4 to Giacomo Silenzi, 1 to Amanda Knox, 13 were not attributed to anyone.<snip>
Scientific police were not surprised at all that there was only one Amanda's fingerprint in the whole house.
On a glass there were 3 signs, one of them was recognized as Amanda's fingerprint. The other 2 signs, unreadable, must be the other fingers she used to grab the glass.
Link:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10347527&postcount=3005
Amanda left most likely 3 fingerprints on the glass.
But only 1 made it as a complete enough to have made the 97 List of Fingerprints.
Laura left 5 fingerprints.
And there are 13 unattributed fingerprints that made the list.
And it appears at least 1, FR. 17 is on this womans underwear drawer, found pulled open.
Link:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10347501&postcount=3004
Question for you all:
How many unattributed fingerprints would be found on your underwear drawer right now
if it were found pulled open when you came home from work, visiting friends or a night out on the town?
In this rape and murder, this unattributed fingerprint,
along with the 1's from the kitchen sink area, seen below
[qimg]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/208/icre.jpg[/qimg]
with blue handle knives nearby, bothers me...
RW
(
*) -Book: Angel Face Author B. Nadeau Pages 154-155
PS - I read both sides of the story, help me gain perspective, so to say.
Sorry if it bothers anyone...