Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2011
- Messages
- 15,713
I used the term "Perp Walk" as more or less a throwaway term. I don't know any simple word to use with the media circus when a defendant in named and displayed in whatever method.
I don't think anybody can argue that there was not a media circus with regards to this case. I would have likely defended Amanda and Raff in any case however because I defended the Norfolk Four and they were only minor celebrities.
Once the Winterbottom film is out in general release, I'm not sure who will be left to argue with on the issue of the media circus which surrounded this case.
Winterbottom, and screenwriter Paul Viragh, take the view from inside the authors of that circus - Nick Pisa and Barbie Nadeau, with names dutifully changed to protect from lawsuit, I suppose.
The exception in Winterbottom's/Viragh's view was Frank Sfarzo, whose blog actually did contain the un-circus-like view of what was what, and how corrupt/inept the cops and local prosecutor was. And for his efforts in real time, the blog was shut down.