• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the scheduling is today (local SA time), starting in about 3 minutes. Will try and follow LIVE and update here.
 
Listening now......

edited to add....

Sounds like the judge is reading all her law books aloud
 
Last edited:
One comment on the live feed mentioning Judge Masipa is speeding through the sentencing...
 
Live updates from The Daily Mirror here

(the obtrusive cookie notice goes away after a while)
 
Looking bad for Pistorius:

Masipa - it would be a sad day for South Aafrica if it appeared one law for the poor and another for the rich and famous.

I'm going to stop providing live updates. The forums are giving me some issues (taking really long to post!).
 
Yeah that is close to what I'm feeling. I think the Judge got a very difficult and public case as right as one can (balancing all factors).

Yeah, I agree.

I think an appeal will further erode OP's position.

Now what do you think? Will he be bailed pending an appeal? This would not happen in Australia, but I don't know how appeals work in SA.
 
From what I've been hearing/reading he will not be appealing, so as far as I understand he is going directly to jail (do not collect R200).

It's possible he is in jail or on his way there as we speak.

There is no word from the State whether they will appeal the ruling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom