Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Dec 2, 2013
- Messages
- 1,280
Blaze orange is not required in Kentucky or Indiana for deer hunting during archery (only) season. A ghillie suit might serve some purpose in that capacity too, whereas during rifle or black powder season, wearing one would be somewhat pointless.
I don't know any deer hunters who wear them, but know plenty who go all-out with the camo. So, the lack of blaze orange isnt necessarily something out of the ordinary, especially considering that plenty of citations get written each year to hunters not wearing blaze orange even when they are required to.
The hunters I do know who wear ghillie suits are spring turkey guys, who also are not required to wear orange.
I don't know any deer hunters who wear them, but know plenty who go all-out with the camo. So, the lack of blaze orange isnt necessarily something out of the ordinary, especially considering that plenty of citations get written each year to hunters not wearing blaze orange even when they are required to.
The hunters I do know who wear ghillie suits are spring turkey guys, who also are not required to wear orange.