• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 10: Amanda Knox/Raffaele Sollecito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stardust and perhaps other meta data

You see words are important and saying it's just semantics is a cop-out. I believe that unethical behavior started before the fifth. I think she should have been informed no later than before the interrogation on the 5th that she was a suspect. I think that should have happened on the 4th latest. I think it was unethical not to provide a lawyer. I think it was unethical to use twelve detectives in a tag team format. I could go on. But that has nothing to do with framing her unless you wish to again attempt to change the definition.

If you wish to consider the changing definitions as at all viable then a 1955 dictionary isn't worth much.
Grinder,

I have no idea what you mean by "changing definitions." Besides Websters I also gave a definition from Collins: "(slang) to conspire to incriminate (someone) on a false charge." There is no explicit mention of innocence in this definition, and a "false charge" is a charge unsupported by actual evidence IMO. You seem unable to acknowledge that different sources provide definitions that are not identical. Your preferred definition is close to useless; the one I prefer is not.

I agree that unethical behavior started before the 5th, but my choice of words was intended to convey that they kicked it up a notch after the interrogations had started. I am 50/50 on whether the loss of meta data with respect to Raffaele's computer on 6 November was incompetence or was the intentional removal of data. However, after that it just got more blatant.
 
a man with a camera

Bill all three if you mean Anglo, Chris and yourself have made their identities know through purpose or mistake. All three to one level or another are supporters and you know what that means.

Anglo said Candace told everything came from court records (or something very much like that) but she herself said things came from other places.

I'm not aware what you and Chris checked on. Why don't you give us your example just for fun?
Grinder,

This is getting silly. Based on my own conversation with Ms. Dempsey, I would say that her meaning is not that difficult to understand. She used primary source material (which would include transcripts, photographs, etc.) for the bulk of her book. You (link) are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I reported early in these threads the subject of the conversation I had. You can look it up yourself (try "cameraman" as a search term). I agree with Bill Williams that the conversation has grown tiresome.
 
Last edited:
Grinder,

Do you think that storing the bra clasp in the presence of extraction buffer was incompetence?
Chris, was the clasp destroyed before Hellmann? I am sure this is well known but do we have a best idea of when it was placed in the extraction buffer?
 
I too believe she was slapped and intimidated until she buckled and told them what they wanted to hear.

I doubt a recording was made, though possible, because someone in the know would have sold this story by now. If someone had a video recording it would be worth a lot of money. I mean a lot. Not just for media but also the kids for lawsuit money. What would they win from Italy and reduced penalties they are now obligated to pay.

I think the bra clasp is incompetence.

If there was a recording, I think it was destroyed in the first day or two.

I have to echo Chris that it is hard to believe that they are that stupid with regards to the Bra Clasp.
 
rusty

Chris, was the clasp destroyed before Hellmann? I am sure this is well known but do we have a best idea of when it was placed in the extraction buffer?
All we know is that when Dr. Vecchiotti went to retrieve it in 2011, it has decomposed. I am not certain whether or not it was actually submerged, but the extraction buffer was present in a (presumably closed) tube. In a 2013 article Dr. Vecchiotti wrote: "It could not be analyzed by the Appellate Court experts as it had been stored by the scientific police in a tube containing extraction buffer, which made it completely rusty."
 
Grinder,

This is getting silly. Based on my own conversation with Ms. Dempsey, I would say that her meaning is not that difficult to understand. She used primary source material (which would include transcripts, photographs, etc.)for the bulk of her book. You (link) are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I reported early in these threads the subject of the conversation I had. You can look it up yourself (try "cameraman" as a search term). I agree with Bill Williams that the conversation has grown tiresome.
Grinder took me too literally. I am sure Candace Dempsey did not mean to be understood as saying absolutely every jot and tittle came from court testimony.

Can we have three pages on the meaning of 'supporter'. I don't mind being so described. I am pretty sure that with a little Socratic dialogue I could get any honest pro-innocence person, including Grinder, to accept that their view entailed that they, too, were supporters.
 
Grinder,

This is getting silly. Based on my own conversation with Ms. Dempsey, I would say that her meaning is not that difficult to understand. She used primary source material (which would include transcripts, photographs, etc.) for the bulk of her book. You (link) are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I reported early in these threads the subject of the conversation I had. You can look it up yourself (try "cameraman" as a search term). I agree with Bill Williams that the conversation has grown tiresome.

Thanks, Chris. I was thinking it was me losing my mind! (Which may be true, btw.)
 
Grinder took me too literally. I am sure Candace Dempsey did not mean to be understood as saying absolutely every jot and tittle came from court testimony.

Can we have three pages on the meaning of 'supporter'. I don't mind being so described. I am pretty sure that with a little Socratic dialogue I could get any honest pro-innocence person, including Grinder, to accept that their view entailed that they, too, were supporters.

My suspicion, and it is only that, is that the term, "invested supporter" is going to show up soon.
 
I too believe she was slapped and intimidated until she buckled and told them what they wanted to hear.

I doubt a recording was made, though possible, because someone in the know would have sold this story by now. If someone had a video recording it would be worth a lot of money. I mean a lot. Not just for media but also the kids for lawsuit money. What would they win from Italy and reduced penalties they are now obligated to pay.
I think the bra clasp is incompetence.

That is the most solid refutation of what I believe: that it exists and it is being held. The giant fly in that ointment is as you outline.
 
I apologize Grinder. I find this completely tiresome. You have made all these points many times, and you have made statements disguised as questions many times.

This is just tiresome. Please put me on your ignore list.

Why don't you just publish the information you claim to have?

Are you a mason? :p
 
Last edited:
Grinder,

This is getting silly. Based on my own conversation with Ms. Dempsey, I would say that her meaning is not that difficult to understand. She used primary source material (which would include transcripts, photographs, etc.) for the bulk of her book. You (link) are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I reported early in these threads the subject of the conversation I had. You can look it up yourself (try "cameraman" as a search term). I agree with Bill Williams that the conversation has grown tiresome.

I did the search and what you were told is well short of credible sourcing. Please show me the emails with either the reporter or the cameraman. Do you have the name of the cameraman?

Btw, the issue has nothing to do with anything significant. Why does it matter if the police caravan went one way or the other?
 
LJ wrote:

Having said all that, I wouldn't describe myself as a "supporter" of Knox or Sollecito, since to me this implies emotional investment in them and their legal situation. I would say I support their cause and I support a belief/campaign for a miscarriage of justice (so far) in their trial process in Italy. However, if new evidence were suddenly to come to light pointing to proof beyond reasonable doubt of their participation in the murder, I wouldn't hesitate to support their conviction and imprisonment. It's my strong belief, however, that no such evidence will ever emerge, for two reasons: 1) if it hasn't emerged by now, it's highly unlikely to ever materialise, and 2) I believe that all the evidence points to Guede as sole killer, and to Knox and Sollecito being in Sollecito's apartment all evening/night, thus I believe that no evidence could ever exist that proved Knox's/Sollecito's involvement. I remain genuinely open-minded though

At the time he posted the above and now I agree with the investment supporters have. I would add that that investment makes for confirmation bias and defensiveness for secret sources and like minded TCN authors.
 
LJ wrote:



At the time he posted the above and now I agree with the investment supporters have. I would add that that investment makes for confirmation bias and defensiveness for secret sources and like minded TCN authors.

Thank you for this.

You've all but said this many times. You are definitely entitled to your opinion. It becomes far less tedious when you just say it rather than couch it in questions and impugning of motives, etc.
 
Last edited:
Trying again, framing before Nov 6 (my guess is Nov3/4)

It matters because some people are suggesting that Amanda (and Raffaele by extension) were deliberately targeted for framing from the 2nd November despite the police and Mignini knowing they were innocent all along, in order to take the heat off Rudy Guede.
I think this is nonsense. It's the classic question - conspiracy or cock up. I opt for cock up unless someone believing in the conspiracy can show me some extraordinary evidence for their extraordinary claim.

The evidence planting / fabricating weeks and months on, when the initial evidence leading to the arrests fell apart, is a separate issue and not one that I dispute.

Just responding here, although several people have spoken on this point.

To begin, I think the premise is that Guede's style was recognized by the Perugian investigators, and Mignini was I believe, likely informed before he arrived at the crime scene, at about 3 pm on Nov 2, 2007.

I say this in part, by looking at the video footage of Mignini arriving and briefly shaking hands with Zugarini, as if thanking her. That's my intuitive read of the scene. I also rely on Steve Moore's opinion as to the Perugians calling Milan to get Rudy released 5 days earlier, were a clear indication Rudy was an informant being run by the Perugians. And Bob Graham's interview with Mignini 4 months after the dec 2009 convictions (in 2010), where Graham claims Mignini acknowledged Guede was an informant and should have been prosecuted and locked up at the time of the Kercher murder. Mignini is also asked about the defense not being allowed to raise this new information at their coming appeal, that Rudy had been on a crime spree prior to the killing and had not been prosecuted and might have been an informant - Mignini shrugged it off saying it was irrelevant to the case.

2nd point. Many have suggested Nov 6th as a start date for 'framing' Amanda and Raffaele, after the 'case closed' press conference.

Problem: Again according to Steve Moore, the tag team interrogations for the night of Nov 5th had to have been scheduled in advance to have 12 officers available for over night shifts. Judge Matteini acknowledged that they knew Amanda's mother was arriving on Nov 6th, and this created a danger she would flee and added urgency of the interrogations (this isn't exact, someone can supplement more precisely what Matteini said, I don't have it handy).

So a preplanned, overnight, illegal, unrecorded interrogation, after a week of softening up with excessive questioning leading up to the overnight session designed to break Amanda and Raffaele - that's targeting. So pick a day, when did that start?

3rd point - On Nov 4th, Amanda was taken to the cottage and asked to pick up a knife. She started to try, then broke down and cried. MIgnini claimed this is what made them suspicious of her.

Problem: If the police really thought a knife in the drawer was the murder weapon, why wouldn't they collect any from that drawer for testing?

Two days later, the police went to Raf's apt and Officer Finzi selected a knife at random from Raf's kitchen drawer. It's recounted in Raf's book, but it went something like Finzi asking, "is this ok", and a senior officer replying, "It will do".

Stefanoni tested the knife and found Amanda's DNA on the handle, and Meredith's DNA on the blade. If Amanda had picked up the knife on Nov 4th. do you doubt Stefanoni would have arrived at the same, now fully discredited finding; Amanda's DNA on the handle, and Meredith's DNA on the blade?

If you doubt this is what the police were intentionally trying to do, manufacture a false piece of evidence against Amanda on Nov 4th, then why did they ask her to pick out a knife, and why didn't they test any knives in the drawer when she didn't pick one?

You have to have an answer. Whatever your answer is, that's your answer. You have to account for this police behavior in some other way, and if not, I would argue you need to concede the point.
4th point - Also on Nov 4th (I think, and after the knife episode at the cottage where Napoleone asked Amanda to pick out a knife), a policewoman followed Raf out of the police station, and gave him a lawyer's card and said to call him, 'he'd need it for sure'. Why would that police woman do that, if not to tip off Raf that they were targeting him - and that she knew it was unfairly so. No police would tip off someone they thought was actually guilty. She must have known her fellow police were out to FRAME Raf & Amanda.
Lastly, just to clarify, if the police had noticed Guede's break-in style, as both Moore and very interestingly, Nencini as well; AND, the Perugians had been protecting Guede from prosecution because they had been using him as an informant as Moore suggests, and Graham reports; AND the Perugians felt responsible for the murder for having intervened with Milan police just 5 days earlier; THEN its not necessary they knew with certainty that Guede was involved, only that he might be involved. And their hope at that time could have been, 'anyone but Rudy', not necessarily, 'Let's frame the American to protect Rudy' - as thios argument has been repeatedly misrepresented. But by deflecting attention away from Rudy, they deflect attention away from themselves. Its not so much because they care about Rudy, so much as self-preservation because they own Rudy's crimes.
I agree with NUMBERS post about amanda's suspicious behavior: she (and Raf) didn't lawyer up, she was open and tried to help, and she was a sitting duck. She didn't realize how thoroughly corrupt the Italian police are as a standard operating procedure. Amanda did nothing wrong, her behavior wasn't suspicious, that's another lie from Mignini to justify his wrong doing.
At the crime scene, Mignini delayed the coroner from taking a corpse temperature, making it more difficult to pin down a time of death, making it harder to provide an alibi - FOR ANYONE to provide an alibi. Framing, is what they do.

The witnesses are all tramps, lunatics and the mentally infirm. The evidence was faked in the lab, and the data concealed. Exculpatory evidence destroyed, like the computers, or suppressed like the semen stain and the window glass. Coerced confession, framing, tramp witnesses, its all SOP.

But lets stay on track for early framing.

MIgnini's career was collapsing; under indictment and losing another satanic cult case in Florence against another innocent man, DR Francesco Calamandrei.

Did Mignini genuinely believe Calamandrei was the Monster of Florence? That Mario Spezi was the Monster of Florence? That Dr Francesco Narducci was the Monster of Florence? That 20 Florentines were all part of the satanic sect responsible for the crimes of the Monster of Florence?

In all these cases, Mignini got his satanic cult theory from the psychic medium Gabriella Carlizzi (you have to understand how batsh*t crazy this lady is), and Mignini met with her again within days of the Nov 2 killing of Meredith Kercher.

Framing before Nov 6th? Yes or no?

Just please don't dodge the evidence in support of the argument, demanding 'cites' or 'proof' when we know darn well we're all working on limited information. If you have Better information provide it, but demanding PROOF and refusing to accept anything from professional journalists, isn't a counter-argument, its fake skepticism. It's sticking your head in the ground and complaining its dark outside.

I'm including NUmber's comments below because I think they're spot on:

NUMBERS #2891; Thanks for reminding us (and me in particular) of the available police photography and the analysis done by Hendry and other non-police or defense experts for the window break-in and of course the climb to the window. The police were responsible enough to take some photographs, however, they should have done among other forensic work, fracture analysis of the glass, especially if they wished to scientifically support their claim of a staged break-in. I am not sure if the police fully documented the protective grid over the lower window and the ground below it.

The evidence and non-police analysis of available evidence clearly demonstrates that the break-in resulted from a rock thrown from outside and that a climbing entry was feasible by, for example, an individual of Rudy Guede's height and presumed physical ability.

Guede's possession of the laptop from the Perugia lawyers' office when he was discovered (arrested?) in the Milan nursery school, would have been assumed by police and prosecutor to indicate that he had stolen these items by burglary (in the US). His claim that he bought them would be a defense against the burglary charge, and would need support. The similarities of the break-ins at the lawyers's office and the Kercher et al. flat is, of course, telling.

An unknown, except to the PLE, is how many such second-story burglaries were being committed in Perugia and by how many different individuals. While the police and prosecutor may have instituted their frame-up of AK (and therefore RS) to protect Rudy Guede, it is also possible that they started the frame simply as a matter of convenience and efficiency. It allowed them to claim to have solved the case within a few days, and saved them the work and trouble of actually investigating. And of course, the initial theory of a sex-ritual motive fit nicely with Mignini's previously documented obsessions (as written of in Preston and Spezi's book Monster of Florence).

NUMBERS #2902 - The prosecutor and police were open to committing misconduct from the first day of discovering Meredith's body, IMO. They may not have focused on AK and RS until another day or two had passed. The suspicious "behavior" of AK, IMO, was 1) her lack of an attorney, 2) her openness to talking to the police, 3) her non-conformity to Italian expectations of feminine behavior, 4) her being an outsider, with no Perugian family or support (except her new boyfriend), 5) her being an American, 6) her being female and thus a fit to Mignini's obsessions.
Remember that Giobbi commented that it was her behavior - such as eating pizza instead of staying home crying and (allegedly) wiggling her hips when putting on protective shoe coverings, that convinced him of her guilt.

About the best I can manage tonight.
 
Last edited:
Grinder took me too literally. I am sure Candace Dempsey did not mean to be understood as saying absolutely every jot and tittle came from court testimony.

Can we have three pages on the meaning of 'supporter'. I don't mind being so described. I am pretty sure that with a little Socratic dialogue I could get any honest pro-innocence person, including Grinder, to accept that their view entailed that they, too, were supporters.

With or without slapping?:D
 
LJ wrote:

LJ wrote:

Quote:
Having said all that, I wouldn't describe myself as a "supporter" of Knox or Sollecito, since to me this implies emotional investment in them and their legal situation. I would say I support their cause and I support a belief/campaign for a miscarriage of justice (so far) in their trial process in Italy. However, if new evidence were suddenly to come to light pointing to proof beyond reasonable doubt of their participation in the murder, I wouldn't hesitate to support their conviction and imprisonment. It's my strong belief, however, that no such evidence will ever emerge, for two reasons: 1) if it hasn't emerged by now, it's highly unlikely to ever materialise, and 2) I believe that all the evidence points to Guede as sole killer, and to Knox and Sollecito being in Sollecito's apartment all evening/night, thus I believe that no evidence could ever exist that proved Knox's/Sollecito's involvement. I remain genuinely open-minded though
At the time he posted the above and now I agree with the investment supporters have. I would add that that investment makes for confirmation bias and defensiveness for secret sources and like minded TCN authors.


At the time he posted the above and now I agree with the investment supporters have. I would add that that investment makes for confirmation bias and defensiveness for secret sources and like minded TCN authors.

What would motivate any of us to read, write and post, and to follow this case for years, if there's no emotions involved? Really? Come on.
 
LJ wrote:



At the time he posted the above and now I agree with the investment supporters have. I would add that that investment makes for confirmation bias and defensiveness for secret sources and like minded TCN authors.


Ooh did someone mention my name?! :D

On this "supporter" issue, I think it's fairly easy to explain using a football analogy (whether American football or proper football :) ): I might think, based on my analysis of the teams' strengths, that Team A is going to win the league (or Superbowl). But I needn't be a supporter of Team A to come to that conclusion - indeed, I might well be a supporter of a rival team, Team B. So I might "want" my team, Team B, to win the league/Superbowl, but I might at the same time analytically think that Team A actually will win.

And so it is with the Knox/Sollecito issue. Personally, I believe that they should never be judicially convicted of anything related to the murder of Meredith Kercher, and that they almost certainly had nothing whatsoever to do with it. That's what my analysis of the evidence (and non-evidence) leads me to believe. But that doesn't automatically make me a "supporter" of Knox/Sollecito. I would argue that the very term "supporter" automatically implies some level of emotional attachment.
 
Grinder said:
LJ wrote:

Having said all that, I wouldn't describe myself as a "supporter" of Knox or Sollecito, since to me this implies emotional investment in them and their legal situation. I would say I support their cause and I support a belief/campaign for a miscarriage of justice (so far) in their trial process in Italy. However, if new evidence were suddenly to come to light pointing to proof beyond reasonable doubt of their participation in the murder, I wouldn't hesitate to support their conviction and imprisonment. It's my strong belief, however, that no such evidence will ever emerge, for two reasons: 1) if it hasn't emerged by now, it's highly unlikely to ever materialise, and 2) I believe that all the evidence points to Guede as sole killer, and to Knox and Sollecito being in Sollecito's apartment all evening/night, thus I believe that no evidence could ever exist that proved Knox's/Sollecito's involvement. I remain genuinely open-minded though

At the time he posted the above and now I agree with the investment supporters have. I would add that that investment makes for confirmation bias and defensiveness for secret sources and like minded TCN authors.


LJ has done a magnificent job highlighting many of the factors that show this is a miscarriage of justice, especially in regards to ToD and the stomach contents. That he has done so as someone looking only for the facts to take his view where it will makes his contributions all the stronger. I do appreciate his declaration that he does see this as a miscarriage of justice. Nothing worse than someone talking about the case for 5 years and making a perverted stance that both sides are somehow equal in credibility, they are firmly not in any way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom