• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Town of Greece v. Galloway

d4m10n

Penultimate Amazing
Joined
Jun 20, 2012
Messages
16,382
Location
Mounts Farm
Any thoughts on this case from the secularists among us? Specifically, does it mark a clear pattern in how these Establishment Clause cases tend to come down in the Roberts era, and if so, does that require a shift in legal strategy?
 
I haven't read the decision yet nor commentary from legal pundits I respect, but I fear the worst from this decision. It seems to say that government can endorse religion - or at least Christianity. I can't wait for a Muslim to demand the right to pray to Allah at some city council meeting.
 
I live near Greece, NY. Those prayers didn't help them pick good Chiefs of Police or clean up the GPD. It's a corruption riddles town.
 
I wonder... does this mean I can perform a virgin sacrifice and perhaps a (made up) Satanic mind-control spell of some sort to open up a government meeting? I'm not into killing virgins or anything... so that part would likely be faked, but other than that I think it'd be sort of cool.
 
Last edited:
I wonder... does this mean I can perform a virgin sacrifice and perhaps a (made up) Satanic mind-control spell of some sort to open up a government meeting? I'm not into killing virgins or anything... so that part would likely be faked, but other than that I think it'd be sort of cool.

Well, If you don't want to be so violent, you could just find a willing virgin and sacrifice his/her virginity as part of the invocation.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom