• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Ukraine erupts in riots and general strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only debate is about the motivations of the Anti Impearilaists...wheter it is from some bizarre belief that Putin is a still a Marxist at heart and will being back the good old days of the Soviet System but this time will make it work, Dammit,or out of just plain fear.
 
Well, almost no one takes the "anti-imperialists" seriously now, so it's not much of a prediction, but I stand by it.

I would venture to say that most Americans under 30 are largely apathetic about Crimea or Ukraine right now.

Anti-Imperialism is not one homogenous blob of ideology, but instead a heterogeneous admixture of different interests in different outcomes.
 
Only debate is about the motivations of the Anti Impearilaists...wheter it is from some bizarre belief that Putin is a still a Marxist at heart and will being back the good old days of the Soviet System but this time will make it work, Dammit,or out of just plain fear.

One of the most propagandistic posts I've seen in this thread yet. It's not that surprising coming from a poster who writes posts worthy of The Onion.

I can't speak for other people, but I have a deep belief that the west needs to be kept in check. Left to roam freely, danger and havoc will surely ensue. Don't believe me, ask the Iraqis.
 
One of the most propagandistic posts I've seen in this thread yet. It's not that surprising coming from a poster who writes posts worthy of The Onion.

I can't speak for other people, but I have a deep belief that the west needs to be kept in check. Left to roam freely, danger and havoc will surely ensue. Don't believe me, ask the Iraqis.

Because The West Is One Monolithic Being.
 
I would venture to say that most Americans under 30 are largely apathetic about Crimea or Ukraine right now.

Anti-Imperialism is not one homogenous blob of ideology, but instead a heterogeneous admixture of different interests in different outcomes.

I'm not talking about Anti-Imperialists. I'm talking about "anti-imperialists", like those posting on this thread.

You know, the ones who whines when the West does something and applauds when Russia or anyone perceived as "anti-west" does something.
 
And Russia is too?

Russia has one government, with a single leader firmly in charge of that government.

The "West" has dozens of governments, often at odds with each other. Most of those governments are active democracies with checks and balances and active opposition parties. Those opposition parties frequently switch places with the ruling parties.

If you think the west is monolithic, you have a funny idea of what monolithic means. (The west is made up of many rocks of different types - more heterolithic, really.)
 
One of the most propagandistic posts I've seen in this thread yet. It's not that surprising coming from a poster who writes posts worthy of The Onion.

I can't speak for other people, but I have a deep belief that the west needs to be kept in check. Left to roam freely, danger and havoc will surely ensue. Don't believe me, ask the Iraqis.

Are you talking about Jim West, of Wild Wild West? What did he do to Iraq?
 
I would venture to say that most Americans under 30 are largely apathetic about Crimea or Ukraine right now.

Anti-Imperialism is not one homogenous blob of ideology, but instead a heterogeneous admixture of different interests in different outcomes.

In other words, some or many aren't anti-imperial at all but just claim to be so as a cover for being anti-western or anti American.

I'd say that not being critical of what Russia is doing here is very strong evidence of that, or being pro Russia enough to overcome any other stances.
 
As a side note, has anyone asked a peace activist why there have been no large scale protests against the Russian actions.
Here you go: 50,000 rally in Moscow against Crimea intervention -- from AFP March 15, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-moscow-protest-russias-action-crimea-003037662.html

Those orange flags with the spiral shape are from Solidarnost, which was co-founded by Ilya Yashin. He is one of the protest speakers quoted in the article. And the small picture with Boris Nemtsov also shows flags of the Republican Party of Russia – People's Freedom Party. I don't know what is represented by those pale blue flags with the writing or the darker blue flags with the white patches.

Russia's liberal community was already active a couple of weeks ago. On March 2, there were smaller protests by several liberal groups against the invasion.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Euro...ests-mass-support-for-troops-in-Ukraine-video

Those protests were broken up and hundreds of people were detained. I worry that the more pessimistic people interviewed in this second article will turn out to be all too correct.

And here is one in Simferopol (of all places) last week.
http://www.boston.com/news/world/eu...r-sanctions/bVeAjBmo66cAGNmj0GLQCI/story.html
 
Here you go: 50,000 rally in Moscow against Crimea intervention -- from AFP March 15, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-moscow-protest-russias-action-crimea-003037662.html

Those orange flags with the spiral shape are from Solidarnost, which was co-founded by Ilya Yashin. He is one of the protest speakers quoted in the article. And the small picture with Boris Nemtsov also shows flags of the Republican Party of Russia – People's Freedom Party. I don't know what is represented by those pale blue flags with the writing or the darker blue flags with the white patches.

Russia's liberal community was already active a couple of weeks ago. On March 2, there were smaller protests by several liberal groups against the invasion.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Euro...ests-mass-support-for-troops-in-Ukraine-video

Those protests were broken up and hundreds of people were detained. I worry that the more pessimistic people interviewed in this second article will turn out to be all too correct.

And here is one in Simferopol (of all places) last week.
http://www.boston.com/news/world/eu...r-sanctions/bVeAjBmo66cAGNmj0GLQCI/story.html

I'm sure one of our forum members can spot lots of Nazis in that demonstration, so it doesn't count.
 
not sure whether they have, however I don't think Pravda was looked on in too favorable a light. Maybe free media looks down on propaganda outfits.

Yes, that is the obvious answer, isn't it?

That's why conspiracy nuts will never accept it.
 
It's nice when the useful idiots title their stories in such a way that I can immediately dismiss them as a serious story. In this case it's portraying western news media as a monolithic block working in unison.

Left unsaid is what every anti-western media person knows - it's all controlled by the Jews.


Be that as it may, t'was fun how the news of Abby Martin's bravery arrived in this thread - angrysoba saw it on Japanese TV while I read it on SPIEGEL online... :D;):rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Be that as it may, t'was fun how the news of Abby Martin's bravery arrived in this thread - angrysoba saw it on Japanese TV while I read it on SPIEGEL online... :D;):rolleyes:

So they don't ignore RT, do they? Oh, but now the attention is too much, and the bad kind of attention where people expect well supported evidence and 'facts' from a news source.

Damn those western media. No, scratch that, damn Russia Today for making the western media look ethical and competent.
 
So they don't ignore RT, do they? Oh, but now the attention is too much, and the bad kind of attention where people expect well supported evidence and 'facts' from a news source.

Damn those western media. No, scratch that, damn Russia Today for making the western media look ethical and competent.


What does this even mean? How does "launching a campaign against" has anything to do with "ignoring"? I suggest you take the time and read that article and genuinely try to understand it, instead of making silly defensive posts. It's important.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom