• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Global Warming Discussion II: Heated Conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did the "no warming for 17 years" meme come from? I know of the obvious 1998 cherry picking, and the apparent concession by that IPCC guy, but where is the data? All I've read and seen shows that the majority of the hottest years have been in the last decade or so?

Because if you deliberately pick 1998 as your starting point, even though it was merely a temporary high during the overall temperature rise of the 1990s, and momentarily forget that it's 2014 and not 2015, then the graph since then looks rather straight. If there is a pause in global warming, it's only been around for 8-10 years or so, IIRC.
 
Where did the "no warming for 17 years" meme come from? I know of the obvious 1998 cherry picking, and the apparent concession by that IPCC guy, but where is the data? All I've read and seen shows that the majority of the hottest years have been in the last decade or so?

Did you not see the temperature graphs posted recently.

http://data.remss.com/msu/graphics/TLT/plots/RSS_TS_channel_TLT_Global_Land_And_Sea_v03_3.png
Breach of rule 5 removed. Do not hotlink images from other sites without permission.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Cuddles
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. And I used to be a skeptic, I was not a denier. What is the difference?

I kept looking at the information. I kept comparing the debating methods. I came to a realization that proves I was a skeptic. I was wrong.

That is something a denier will never admit.

I'm glad you posted this, because I was in exactly the same position as you. People like macdoc and Megalodon posted facts which proved I was wrong. Hopefully some of the deniers on this thread will look at the evidence with open minds. Like you, I doubt it...
 
Because if you deliberately pick 1998 as your starting point, even though it was merely a temporary high during the overall temperature rise of the 1990s, and momentarily forget that it's 2014 and not 2015, then the graph since then looks rather straight. If there is a pause in global warming, it's only been around for 8-10 years or so, IIRC.

Start the record at 1999. You still get a plateau of no rises.
 
First of all, please stop with the gratuitous insults. I said I don't have time to research it myself and thought that by coming here somebody would be able to give me a quick and immediate answer. Instead I find myself having to defend my right to even ask the question!

You claim to want climate science and reliable sources.
You claim you don't have time to do the reading in depth.
We tell you Goddard is not reliable source for anything which we understand and you don't and then you keep at it.
So you lost credibility as simple as that.
 
Then I will thank you to stop confusing the former with the latter.
Unfortunately we've had quite a few flybys over the years who initially presented as the former and turned out to be the latter.

FWIW I at least am convinced you are the former. Just keep asking honest questions and seriously considering the answers and the other long timers will eventually stop being so suspicious. :)
 
You claim to want climate science and reliable sources.
You claim you don't have time to do the reading in depth.
We tell you Goddard is not reliable source for anything which we understand and you don't and then you keep at it.
So you lost credibility as simple as that.

And yet when I come to you and ask you to share with me your understanding, you don't even bother.

Unfortunately we've had quite a few flybys over the years who initially presented as the former and turned out to be the latter.

FWIW I at least am convinced you are the former. Just keep asking honest questions and seriously considering the answers and the other long timers will eventually stop being so suspicious. :)

I very much appreciate it. Thank you.
 
also funny to note is, that Laidbackracer complains about adjustments to the GISS and HadCRUT datasets. but as he thinks the MSU data set supports his crackpottery, he seems to have n problem with the afjustments to the MSU dataset. and that had to be adjusted big time as the satelites were on a too low orbit and slowed down and this measured at the wrong time....... lol

and already the measuremets itself has to be adjusted for so many things like cloudcover etc.

http://www.remss.com/measurements/upper-air-temperature
 
also funny to note is, that Laidbackracer complains about adjustments to the GISS and HadCRUT datasets. but as he thinks the MSU data set supports his crackpottery, he seems to have n problem with the afjustments to the MSU dataset. and that had to be adjusted big time as the satelites were on a too low orbit and slowed down and this measured at the wrong time....... lol

and already the measuremets itself has to be adjusted for so many things like cloudcover etc.

http://www.remss.com/measurements/upper-air-temperature

A clear sign he has no idea what he's talking about.
 
Yep...the models are doing real well.

[qimg]http://notrickszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Temperature-Chart-RSS-UAH.png[/qimg]

http://notrickszone.com/2013/08/16/...are-robust-because-they-can-predict-the-past/

did you read the paper i linked to?
i guess not, otherwise you would actually know what is wrong with the comparison you posted.....

so you reject a scientific comparison and prefer a comparison by some blog.....
very telling.

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/7/4/044035/pdf/1748-9326_7_4_044035.pdf
 
Did you not see the temperature graphs posted recently.

[qimg]http://data.remss.com/msu/graphics/TLT/plots/RSS_TS_channel_TLT_Global_Land_And_Sea_v03_3.png[/qimg]

I don't understand. Doesn't that show an upwards trend? And don't NASA et al provide data that shows ~8 of the hottest years on record occurred in the last decade?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yer
And yet when I come to you and ask you to share with me your understanding, you don't even bother.

Then I don't think you've read or understood my responses very well. You were given solid links from the get go including the ones in my signature which will get you up to speed very quickly and are not complex tho the RealClimate links onward will get you deep into it.
Do I not bother with the likes of Goddard??....absolutely and I linked you to why and you clattered right on over it as if the reason to put him totally on ignore never even registered on you.
Then you kept on it with others as well and you wonder why you blew your credibility.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom