Do I have a paid subscription to Time magazine that allows me to read the 1970s article in full? Do I have time to independently read a dozen or half-dozen science papers? I brought the quote here to ask you people if you knew the answer.
A minimal amount of logic, yet alone 30 minutes of searching through any legitimate climate science resource would provide you with enough information to realize that Goddard's considerations were without relevance or merit. Claiming that you do not have the time to "do all that reading, and thinking and stuff," is not a valid excuse for not understanding at least the generalities about something before you declare it a "valid" position.
Furthermore, I never said it was a valid contradiction.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9745960&postcount=1903
what you said was: "Crank or not, the contradiction presented is a valid point."
Once again, what leads you to believe that Goddard's presented contradiction, is a valid point?
...As of yesterday, after reading that climate report from the UK, I understand a lot more and feel more comfortable with the "A" in AGW. I am still on the fence as regards to its reversibility and seriousness. These things take time.
To be honest with you, I, as well as almost every researcher and colleague I know began the path to our current understandings as extremely skeptical of some of the claims and the implications of those claims when we first started hearing them with regards to human influenced climate change. Of course, that was, for me, several decades ago, and the information was much harder to access, much less refined and precise, and in many cases absent. The situation has improved greatly in the intervening decades.
The National Academies of Science have a lot of good information
Videos-for the simplified overviews (science isn't static, some understandings have been refined since some of these videos were produced)
There is an "Abrupt Impacts of Climate Change" Webinar on Friday the 10th
Much more, if you are interested I'd be happy to put up a more extensive link to resources, but they aren't going to do you much good if you aren't willing to take the time and commit the effort to learn the science of the mechanisms at work.
...Then what are you all doing here if you're not trying to convince each other of the science?
Most of us are here to discuss the science old and new, where those facts lead us, what are the technologies and policies that could help us to minimize the pain and economic impact, while maximizing results. Secondarily, we do enjoy helping others who have legitimate questions to find the resources they need to answer their questions. Unfortunately, there is a steady flow of pseudoscience cranks, political wankers, conspiracy theorists and trolls on steroids constantly disrupting such discussions with their agenda (plural of agendum).