Machiavelli - be a good chap and answer a question for me.
If the Florence court genuinely determines that AK and RS are innocent, does the ISC ruling of March 26, 2013, leave them free so to do?
(I do not know why I ask Machiavelli straightforward questions. His answer to my question about why Knox's clothes were neither gathered nor tested by PLE was, "when did you stop beating your wife." He said about that, too, that one had to look at the total of everything before an answer could be attempted. I do believe he called me an idiot for asking a simple question.... why did the PLE not gather the clothes Knox said she wore, even if she'd been lying about wearing those clothes?
I feel a similar evasion coming up.... about the theoretical possibility of the Florence court finding AK and RS innocent. Will the 26 Mar ISC ruling make that impossible?
Here goes nothing.)
I'll answer to your comment about "straightforward" questions: those of yours that you call "straightforward" questions are, in fact, assertions with a question attached.
You think they are just questions. But they are not. I want you to deal with discussing your assertions, before formulizing the question.
Your question about clothes actually contained at least two
explicit assertions: first, you expliticly stated that testing the clothes would have denied or confirmed Knox's story. Then, when you repeated your question for the second time, while you refused to discuss it, your assertion became implicit. The second main assertion, was stating the clothes were never "tested".
Actually there are several further implicit statements or refusal to deal with the evidence, embedded in your questions; for example, you didn't talke about what and which clothing items you are speaking about, how they looked like, who examined them (had they any stains, etc?).
Now, the above question about the SC, actually doesnt have an answer ecause it's too vague (and what does "genuinely" mean to you?).
The answer I can see is: it is perfectly possible for a Florentine court to determine that Knox and Sollecito are
not guilty (we say 'not guilty', not 'innocent', especially if there is reasonable doubt).
But in order to do so, they should find some other reasons; they cannot do this by using the Hellmann-Zanetti reasons (which are the innocentisti arguments).
Imho, I think it is unrealistic to expect them to find other legitimate reasons.