• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Explosion at the Boston Marathon.

It does seem like this case will require a new chapter in the profiler's handbook.

Indeed.

This case is fairly unique in many ways from what little I know; we rarely get ethnic Chechens acting out against the US, so it's unusual in that regard. Add in the confusion over motive and you have a recipe for a fairly unique case.
 
Since Massachusetts does not have the death penalty, can he be?

I think they're planning on trying him on federal charges versus state, but I could be wrong. Do federal courts allow for the death penalty?
 
I think they're planning on trying him on federal charges versus state, but I could be wrong. Do federal courts allow for the death penalty?

Well you could ask Timothy McVeigh but, well, he was given the death penalty so...
 
I think they're planning on trying him on federal charges versus state, but I could be wrong. Do federal courts allow for the death penalty?

I think there is a federal death penalty, but I don't know what happens when it conflicts with state death penalty restrictions. Has that ever been tested?
 
I think they're planning on trying him on federal charges versus state, but I could be wrong. Do federal courts allow for the death penalty?
I'm British, and even I know that. Although admittedly my knowledge comes from a common trope in American fiction, so I have no idea whether it's true.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom