Malcolm Kirkpatrick
Banned
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2006
- Messages
- 4,046
Okay, I'll stop. It's an allusion to Randfan's poor reading comprehension. Relatedly, I'd like to take up the arguments that proponents make regarding cost advantages to legalization of same-sex marriage. Some of the advantages that attend entering a stable relationship (e.g a lifetime supply of moral support and safe sex) do not require State sanction. Sharing housing costs and grocery bills with a partner or three makes sense regardless of whether a government official joins in the rice-throwing.What is your point about heritable traits?
I observe that many of the advocates for same-sex marriage in this forum also supported expansion of the government's presence in the medical services industry (Obamacare) and claimed that the government presence would reduce costs. How's that working out? Pitchmen routinely minimize or dismiss costs when they make a sales pitch. Advocates for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Food Stamps wildly understated the costs.