• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Examples of Freeman success stories

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46773&start=110

Someone on GOODF is trying to explain this to the FMOTLers, and is not getting on too well. Here is the standard GOODF reply:


Quote:
1. Your first premise is flawed. The banks don't loan you money. FACT.
2. They create the funds out of thin air by using your loan application as a promissory note. FACT.
3. The bank/government stole the gold and silver backing the promissory note. FACT.
4. We cannot every repay the bank because you cannot pay debts with 'empty promises'. FACT You're living in a dream world...




I can't get past the "Banks don't loan you money" and "you can never repay the bank" points.

Few years ago I took out a loan, on quite a favourible rate of interest, to pay for my law degree. Using said loan I paid a specific sum for my law degree, and paid the bank back in instalments. In money. I then settled the loan, Again, with money. The bank and I were quite happy with that arrangement.

Therefore, my bank loaned me money, and I repaid the bank. With money. What is so hard to grasp about that...?

Number four is quite true but the FOTL's keep trying it. When I paid off my house I used a check drawn on a bank that I had deposited money into to cover the check however actually earning the money before you try to spend it never seems to be in the FOTL repertoire.
 
I think it's the part where you actually had a decent job that paid you enough to pay off your loan.

Seriously, though, I think this is it. Reading all these "You can't pay off a debt if there's interest" claims seem to be based on the underlying assumption that a person cannot create new wealth through the effort of working at it. They seem to think that all economics are a zero-sum game in which if one side "wins" (gets interest), the other side has to lose (never gets out of debt), instead of being a game in which the total amount of real wealth tends to increase over time.

In your example, you borrowed money to get an education, which education let you earn enough money to both pay down that loan, and pay for your living expenses. That means, through your work, you created new wealth in excess of that which you were paying back to the bank. They just don't seem to get that.

The problem isn't the existence of debt, its that far too many people go too far into debt, because they don't have a realistic image of their own value to the economy. Someone making $10 an hour really shouldn't be taking out mortgages and all that.

I think it's the whole principle of work itself they don't get. Why should a sovereign have to do anything, he gets his living from his sovereigness as a divine right.
 
I think thats why their "marks" grasp the "money is an illusion and money has no value , its backed by nothing" concept.
The bank loans you the money on your promise to pay back and the money you pay back has value because its backed by your labour.

It's the concept of "labour" that has them baffled.
 
This is probably true - I have seen more than once where they describe having a job as "working as a slave" with no sense that they are joking.
 
A bit more on the Eviction order 18th March 2013 Port Talbot
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=46900&start=210

Helpful advice from "midnight" ":by midnight » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:53 am

"I don't know if it has been said and I do not advocate it, but you do have the right to shoot a burglar who is coming in through a window. You cannot shoot a burglar if he/she is leaving through a window and you cannot shoot a burglar at all if he/she is coming through the front door. I believe that this is still correct."


and expert knowledge from "freemanandy" : The law states, the bailiffs can only take peaceful possession of a property. That’s you handing over the keys and saying. “There you go, the house is all yours.” If the homeowner says from behind his locked door. “No you can’t have it, go away.” And then the bailiffs proceed to break down the door to take possession, that’s not peaceful procession, and they’ve broken the law.

If just one individual stands in their way, and tells them they can’t have the property, the bailiffs are supposed to go away. THAT’S THE LAW! But they’ve gotten away with their bullying practices for so long, they think they have the right to use force. The police have witnessed this so many times, they too think the bailiffs have this power. THEY DONT!"

WRONG !:)

From:http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales...problems_ew/eviction_for_mortgage_arrears.htm

"However, bailiffs must, act reasonably. They are entitled to use a reasonable amount of force if they need to, to enter your home, to remove you and anyone else who is there." :)

No vids up yet !
 
Number four is quite true but the FOTL's keep trying it. When I paid off my house I used a check drawn on a bank that I had deposited money into to cover the check however actually earning the money before you try to spend it never seems to be in the FOTL repertoire.

Couple of weeks back I bought a car via a loan arranged by a finance company. At no point did any gold, silver, or even paper money change hands; and yet I have the car and the finance company are content to be paid via the periodic changing of some data in a bank computer somewhere. So I have the car, they have some electrons, and at certain point when enough electrons have been shuffled the finance company will be content they've been fully repaid. The items of value in the equation are the car and the work I do so the computer at my bank says it's OK to move the electrons.

Abstract indeed but it all seems to work just fine for everyone bar the FOTLers...
 
Couple of weeks back I bought a car via a loan arranged by a finance company. At no point did any gold, silver, or even paper money change hands; and yet I have the car and the finance company are content to be paid via the periodic changing of some data in a bank computer somewhere. So I have the car, they have some electrons, and at certain point when enough electrons have been shuffled the finance company will be content they've been fully repaid. The items of value in the equation are the car and the work I do so the computer at my bank says it's OK to move the electrons.

Abstract indeed but it all seems to work just fine for everyone bar the FOTLers...

I've hilited the stumbling block. The idea of actually earning money seems alien to their thinking. In fact, I can't recall a FOTL actually talking about having a regular job., collecting welfare (dole) checks is more their style than paychecks.
 
WhenDanSaysJump said:
i say we become mob handed say there was 200 of us there today, would be a different story, as for the neighbour, thinck he is funny, will he sleep in peace after he is shown to be scumbag that he is, i thinck he will roo the day he acted like he has...shame on him...dirty scum......

i thinck he will roo the day he acted like he has

roo the day

roo the day



:sdl: :sdl: :sdl: :sdl: :sdl:
 
and expert knowledge from "freemanandy" : The law states, the bailiffs can only take peaceful possession of a property. That’s you handing over the keys and saying. “There you go, the house is all yours.” If the homeowner says from behind his locked door. “No you can’t have it, go away.” And then the bailiffs proceed to break down the door to take possession, that’s not peaceful procession, and they’ve broken the law.

If just one individual stands in their way, and tells them they can’t have the property, the bailiffs are supposed to go away. THAT’S THE LAW! But they’ve gotten away with their bullying practices for so long, they think they have the right to use force. The police have witnessed this so many times, they too think the bailiffs have this power. THEY DONT!"



That reminds me of this sketch:




I used to know guys who were like this, they'd get it into their heads that something was "illegal", and you could never convince them otherwise. I recall a party one night where a guy almost got arrested for trying to break into the YMCA down the street to use the pay phone. He insisted that pay phones were actually "public phones", and they HAD to let you use them - even if they were located in a building that was closed for the night. :confused:
 
People who make typos are so stupid and beneath us. Right guys? Huh, you are all with me right? They are big doody heads aren't they?
 
People who make typos are so stupid and beneath us. Right guys? Huh, you are all with me right? They are big doody heads aren't they?

Not at all. We all recognize "roo the day" as some high koala tree verbiage.
 
Last edited:
People who make typos are so stupid and beneath us. Right guys? Huh, you are all with me right? They are big doody heads aren't they?

Absoloutaly!!

Wit spel ck its rell hrd two maak a mistook misstuck misteak.
 
People who make typos are so stupid and beneath us. Right guys? Huh, you are all with me right? They are big doody heads aren't they?

With respect to a group that is utterly consumed with the magical import of words and phrases, when they make such elementary mistakes, yes, its funny and it serves to illustrate their doodyheadedness quite well.:D

(possible spelling error there. Is that spelled "doodiheadedness" perhaps?)
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom