dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
It is amusing to me that so many people who are Goldbugs were so enthusiatic about a currency that was backed by NOTHING at all,the ultimate "Fiat Money".
I can only think of one goldbug who waxed so elequently about bitcoin.It is amusing to me that so many people who are Goldbugs were so enthusiatic about a currency that was backed by NOTHING at all,the ultimate "Fiat Money".
The difference between bitcoin and fiat money is that fiat money can be created on the spot at the whim of a central bank but nobody can create a bitcoin.
Then don't buy it.I'm not sure it's a good thing, though.
Missing the point I think... he's trying to discuss whether buying one is wise.
I just don't see why there should be another 1500 posts on why there should be a bitcoin. It affects nobody except those who choose to be involved with it.Missing the point I think... he's trying to discuss whether buying one is wise.
Then don't buy it.
I just don't see why there should be another 1500 posts on why there should be a bitcoin. It affects nobody except those who choose to be involved with it.
This discussion is amusing, in light of my friend acquiring about 40,000 bitcoin at an average basis of $11. I'm sure he cares whether any of you think he was "wise".
I was too skeptical to take his advice, unfortunately.
This discussion is amusing, in light of my friend acquiring about 40,000 bitcoin at an average basis of $11. I'm sure he cares whether any of you think he was "wise".
I was too skeptical to take his advice, unfortunately.
Apparently bitcoins reached an all time high today at about $33 a bitcoin.
But is this another bubble, or is the value increasing because demand is starting to outstrip supply?
The mining rate halved in December. Instead of 50 coins, 25 coins are now being generated every 10 minutes. This might be a factor.But is this another bubble, or is the value increasing because demand is starting to outstrip supply?
Until he sells or spends them, this is just a paper profit. He could either become fabulously wealthy or lose his investment. There is no way of calculating the odds either way because there has never been anything like bitcoin before.This discussion is amusing, in light of my friend acquiring about 40,000 bitcoin at an average basis of $11.
Until he sells or spends them, this is just a paper profit. He could either become fabulously wealthy or lose his investment. There is no way of calculating the odds either way because there has never been anything like bitcoin before.
Yeah, thanks for the lecture on unrealized vs. realized gains.
The point is that you were right in not investing in BTC.
I mean, it's like saying that your friend winning the lottery is a good argument for playing the lottery, when most people lose money from playing.
No it isn't. With a lottery you know the odds beforehand but there is no way to calculate the odds with something as unique as bitcoin.I mean, it's like saying that your friend winning the lottery is a good argument for playing the lottery, when most people lose money from playing.