Kaosium
Philosopher
- Joined
- Oct 12, 2010
- Messages
- 6,695
If I said that the original Star Wars movie was about a guy who meets his long lost twin sister and then totally wants to get with that would you consider that misleading? Ryan does something similar by being factually honest but intentionally leaving out facts so the listener will draw the wrong conclusion; that's still dishonest. It's not like that's even know in politics. This is politics, people lie - a lot.
You're assuming here the conclusion he 'wants you to draw' is wrong. That's either not the case (shouldn't he be allowed to disagree with the President and the Dems position?) or they're misrepresenting what he said. On the plant it actually would have been an entirely valid criticism that Obama 'broke a campaign promise' and the semantic pretense he didn't is rather pathetic. Note that breaking a campaign promise wouldn't make Obama a 'liar' either, that can happen for very good reasons that do not in the slightest impugn his integrity.
I still think that this automatic assumption that anyone who doesn't treat him as the golden boy is somehow just part of a partisan smear campaign is a bit sad. It's a bit like watching a Ron Paul supporter.
I'm sorry I'm saddening you but I am disinclined to let smear campaigns go unanswered just because it does. Note that is another reason they're often so successful: it makes some think that anyone who opposes it must in fact be fanatical or even delusional. I've been through this before! Try giving me the benefit of the doubt, I may just be right about this. Did you read that one link I provided, by the German dude?
If you don't know what a partisan smear campaign looks like in American politics, review and keep reading this thread and perhaps you will learn. They can be identified, tracked and sometimes traced to the sources. So can other campaigns of this type, like the one against Amanda Knox. How'd that turn out, did you happen to hear?
Last edited: