Insurance is not supposed to just be for what you want or need now.
I understand that. The purpose of insurance is to mitigate against unacceptable loss.
It's insurance against what you may need later. Claiming that you should not have to pay for something because you don't currently use it is the same as claiming you don't need insurance at all because you are not presently sick. This is exactly the freeloader problem that the individual mandate is attempting to address.
Not what we are talking about. Should you be forced to cover loss of a boat on your auto policy even though you don't own one? One day you might have a boat! Just because you currently don't have one is no excuse! It helps reduce the cost of boat insurance for all boat owners, you freeloader!
Insurance plans are designed to offer choices as to what you want coverage for at a range of prices. You pick what you want covered and what you can afford to pay. Now Obamacare forces me to cover stuff I don't want or need. That has nothing to do with "freeloading".
The other issue is that I currently have a plan that functions much like like AHCA is already in place and has for several years. The reason that I am not seeing cost increases is that I already have the coverage that is now legally mandated.
Well good for you. There are undoubtedly even better "gold plated" plans that offer even more. If AHCA mandated even more exensive coverage that what you plan currently offers, you would see a premium increase.
]Might I suggest the problem is not with my love of the AHCA, but that if your plan has to increase costs to meet the minimum requirements of the AHCA that you have been under insured and the small increases in costs now will likely save you a lot of money when you get injured or sick and you now will not go bankrupt to pay for medical expenses that you were not covered for.
You haven't a clue as to what you are talking about. Might I suggest you include boat insurance to your auto policy. The small increases in costs now will likely save you a lot of money when if in the future your boat crashes and you now will not go bankrupt to pay for medical expenses that you were not covered for.
The whole POINT of insurance is for people who don't need something to help pay for it for someone who does.
So get that boat insurance and quit freeloading!
You keep repeating this strawman argument. No one is saying that.
Perhaps then you can explain how not covering a copay is saddling a woman with an unwanted pregnancy?
And the issue isn't just about having no out-of-pocket cost. For many it's about having easy access to reliable birth control at all. And it will certainly give many women more options.
The issue here is making birth control fully covered without a copay.
I think it's reasonable to expect that this measure will result in fewer unwanted pregnancies and fewer abortions.
I think not. You really expect that a working woman previously didn't use birth control because she had to pay a copay to get it, and instead was just taking chances at getting pregnant, but now that her copay is covered, she'll start using it? LOL.
You clearly don't understand the concept of insurance.
Does "mitigate against unacceptable loss" work for you?