bit_pattern
Unregistered
- Joined
- Apr 22, 2010
- Messages
- 7,406
[X] Accept, and nothing should be done.
It is ludicrous to economically hobble ourselves when tech advancement over this time period, 100-300 years, will effortlessly swamp the problem.
Imagine the murderous idiocy of people in the year 1800 hobbling themselves.. Would they have helped anything?
Would living today, thanks to their kind hearts and forward-thinking awesomeness, with, say, 1900 or 1950 (or 1850) technology today with a pristine environment be anything short of genocidal w.r.t. actual length and quality of life, and on a scale Hitler and Stalin together couldn't have hoped for?
Stop desiring rationales for massive government controls, you mass-murdering "useful idiots".
Hey! I think you might be on to something here. I am going to keep smoking because with medical advancements the way they are they'll surely have cured cancer by the time I get it. You're a genius! That's completely changed my view of smoking and the Stalinist Doctors who keep telling me to quit.