• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prior discussion was about the idea of a struggle for the gun.

The scenario was thought to be that Trayvon went for the gun, George struggled with him over it, then he shot him. The question was if that was the case, then why no fingerprints or DNA from Trayvon?

This answers that question. Trayvon never went for the gun. George merely felt his arm on his side, knew the gun was there, grabbed it and shot him.

If GZ's account is accurate, then TM did go for the gun, imo. He just never got to it.

Without any evidence, all we have is GZ's account, and you either believe it or you don't.

A jury would have to decide.
 
Since you are looking for the answer, let's start with you. Do you believe that it is or should be a responsibility of gun owners to insurer that their gun doesn't get into a situation where it could be used inapropriately? Do you believe that George by chasing after Trayvon when Trayvon fled, by not backing off when he found Trayvon, by carrying his gun in a maner that allows it to be easily exposed and accessed by another person violated his responsibility to safeguard that gun?

That's kind of begging the question isn't it? What if GZ hadn't been chasing after TM but was actually trying to keep his distance so he could tell the police where the guy had gone (i.e. acting as eyes and ears and not getting physically involved - same as he had done over some 40+ prior calls). If that was the case, then he was attacked and - if in fear of grievous injury/death - used his gun for precisely the situation for which people with concealed weapon permits do carry (i.e. being able to protect themselves from unprovoked attacks likely to cause serious injury/death).
 
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-20120621_1_shooting-death-statements-defense

Serino said one of Trayvon's hobbies was videotaping everything he does. Trayvon had an extensive video library on his phone

"There's a possibility that whatever happened between you and him was caught on videotape....There's a very strong possibility that what's on there is either gonna help ya or not help ya," Serino said.

Replied Zimmerman: "I pray to God that someone videotaped it."

"Obviously you've passed a lie detector test and you've done all of that," Serino said. "But if there's anything that you haven't said that might be in that phone..."

Zimmerman interrupted, "I prayed to God that someone was videotaping this or that the neighborhood has a video camera that I didn't know about, or something."

Interesting. I guess they retrieved the videos off the SD card ? AFAIK, they never unlocked the phone. I wonder if the videos on the phone are relevant, or will be released ?
 
It's just a trick cops use, pretend there's a videotape to trick the suspect into confessing or saying something incriminating.

Yup. Serino is doing a good job of trying to get Zimmerman to change his story. Notice how Zimmerman hopes there is a video of the event.
 
Yup. Lee had to go before those recordings of the multiple statements, Serino grilling, DNA swabs, stress test, reenactment, etc... saw the light of day...

Is anyone here still claiming that SPD dropped the ball on this investigation?
 
Yup. Lee had to go before those recordings of the multiple statements, Serino grilling, DNA swabs, stress test, reenactment, etc... saw the light of day...

Is anyone here still claiming that SPD dropped the ball on this investigation?
Dropped the ball?

No, I think they've moved up to a full blown conspiracy theory with Wolfinger and Lee being on George's side and actively things covering up.
 
Zimmerman told police that Trayvon approached him from behind and attacked him.[/I]

Doesn't that first sentence pretty much rule out any 'attack from behind' if they exchanged words ?

I think it also rules out, as I've said, a reasonable use of "approached from behind".

By the way, I just read the recently released written statement Zimmerman gave police at the station. He doesn't say Martin approached him from behind at all in that account.

I'll have to read through it again, but I'm pretty sure his description of the number of times the dispatcher asked for his location doesn't agree with the transcript.

I also find it odd that when he was asked why the supposed captain of the Neighborhood Watch didn't know the street names that Zimmerman admitted to having a bad memory due to ADHD which he takes medicine for. That doesn't exactly make his account MORE reliable.

ETA: Something else I don't find very credible is the part where he claims Martin went for the gun which was visible while he had Zimmerman pinned to the ground, so Zimmerman unholstered the gun and shot him. At the very least, that description (which is key to the self-defense claim) raises quite a few questions.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom