• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't being snarky. I just was trying to understand why the color of the hoodie mattered.

I'd like to identify that it did happen before I tried to interpret how it mattered. Certainly Martin going somewhere to change clothes, for instance, is a missing chunk of the puzzle.
 
It's become quite aparent that posters here that carry concealed weapons don't believe there is any responsibility on their part as a result of carrying that weapon.

Either provide a link to all those 'posters here' saying that, or let this add to the long list of outright whoppers you keep piling up in this thread.
 
Not really finding a glaring murder 2 inconsistency.

Sounds like Serino had it about right. Charge manslaughter and let a jury have the case.

I doubt a GJ would have indicted.

Murder 2 means he intended to kill him. Not that he set out to kill him. Only that when he fired that shot, he meant for the shot to hit Trayvon and that there are no mitigating circumstances.


But I've found several oddities and inconsistencies in his account. He says Trayvon jumped from the bushes but in the video walkthrough there are no bushes. He says Trayvon came all the way back out and completely circled his car. He doesn't mention this to the dispatcher at all? Then after this harrowing moment, he gets out, but not to look for him, only to find a street sign? Then he's walking back and has a completely different dialogue than DD hears over the phone? Then he says that he felt Trayvon's arm near his side, so he grabbed his gun and shot him, but later on that changes to a struggle for the gun? He says Trayvon hit him repeatedly with what "felt like bricks" but Trayvon had none of George's blood on his hands and no marks on them aside from a single, tiny mark on his off hand?

And so in a contest of credibility, we have some other information that lets us see how George will lie when it suits him?

I wasn't sure if George would be convicted before, but now I'm reasonably sure he's going down.
 
I'd like to identify that it did happen before I tried to interpret how it mattered. Certainly Martin going somewhere to change clothes, for instance, is a missing chunk of the puzzle.

In George's version of events, as well as DDs, there is no way that could have happened. Are you contending that Martin changed his clothes on his way back from the store?
 
Yeah, it's almost like TM changes clothes between the 7-11 and his death.

It must be the lighting in the 7-11 or the white balance of the camera is off.

I'd like to identify that it did happen before I tried to interpret how it mattered. Certainly Martin going somewhere to change clothes, for instance, is a missing chunk of the puzzle.


Wait, both of you guys are talking about changing clothes? Is this a theory making the rounds somewhere? I just don't see how you two are making such a giant leap.
 
In George's version of events, as well as DDs, there is no way that could have happened. Are you contending that Martin changed his clothes on his way back from the store?

No. I notice a discrepency and am trying to collect more information. It's doubtful that Martin had time (about two minutes) to go home and change clothes. LTC proposed a possible explanation, a camera distorting colors, which needs to be examined. Another possible explanation is a trick of light at the actual scene.
 
Murder 2 means he intended to kill him. Not that he set out to kill him. Only that when he fired that shot, he meant for the shot to hit Trayvon and that there are no mitigating circumstances.


But I've found several oddities and inconsistencies in his account. He says Trayvon jumped from the bushes but in the video walkthrough there are no bushes. He says Trayvon came all the way back out and completely circled his car. He doesn't mention this to the dispatcher at all? Then after this harrowing moment, he gets out, but not to look for him, only to find a street sign? Then he's walking back and has a completely different dialogue than DD hears over the phone? Then he says that he felt Trayvon's arm near his side, so he grabbed his gun and shot him, but later on that changes to a struggle for the gun? He says Trayvon hit him repeatedly with what "felt like bricks" but Trayvon had none of George's blood on his hands and no marks on them aside from a single, tiny mark on his off hand?

And so in a contest of credibility, we have some other information that lets us see how George will lie when it suits him?

I wasn't sure if George would be convicted before, but now I'm reasonably sure he's going down.

I see it opposite. I think this is either neutral or helpful to GZ.

I wouldn't have objected to the manslaughter charge before, and I still wouldn't. I think that charge is reasonable, and I think a jury acquits, and a GJ refuses to indict.
 
My prediction:

Zimmeman pleads down to manslaughter.

Perjury charges against his wife are dropped as part of the plea agreement.

Conservative America loses its damn mind. Conspiracy theories about Zimmerman being railroaded abound.
 
Wait, both of you guys are talking about changing clothes? Is this a theory making the rounds somewhere? I just don't see how you two are making such a giant leap.

LOL. This is what we call "discussing evidence" and "proposing explanations that can be tested." You did notice that LTC proposed a simple explanation, right? Someone of a skeptical mind might review the 7-11 footage to see if there is other evidence of camera distortions that would support LTC's candidate theory. Hell, I think I might do that.

:p
 
Wait, both of you guys are talking about changing clothes? Is this a theory making the rounds somewhere? I just don't see how you two are making such a giant leap.

I'm clearly not making any such leap, and I have no idea why you would think so. I was pretty clear in my post.

However, there are some odd discrepancies in the clothing descriptions and what we see in the video. Check out the various clothing descriptions versus the video at the store.

Is he wearing blue jeans in the vid?
 
I can't help but wonder that maybe none of this would have happened if GZ had been wearing an orange windbreaker and ball cap stenciled "Neighborhood Watch." I think it's entirely possible that TM jumped on GZ thinking he was being stalked by a mugger, and there would have been no confusion if GZ had been in some kind of recognizable uniform. And I also suspect that if GZ approached TM, he probably said something like "Hey, you! What'chu doin'?," rather than "Good evening sir. I'm George Zimmerman with the Neighborhood Watch. May I help you?" If someone is going to function as a volunteer cop, he should be easily identifiable. Even a plainclothes real cop shows his badge if he speaks to someone.
Uniform? To go with his rank of 'Captain' and all that NW training?


:roll:
 
I see it opposite. I think this is either neutral or helpful to GZ.

I wouldn't have objected to the manslaughter charge before, and I still wouldn't. I think that charge is reasonable, and I think a jury acquits, and a GJ refuses to indict.

Any changes to your story make it look like you're lying. Several parts of his story defy reason and contradict other parts of his story. He makes up details to make the story sound more favorable to himself. He concocted a scheme with his wife to deceive the court about his money.

None of this is helpful to George. He's in deep trouble.
 
LOL. This is what we call "discussing evidence" and "proposing explanations that can be tested." You did notice that LTC proposed a simple explanation, right? Someone of a skeptical mind might review the 7-11 footage to see if there is other evidence of camera distortions that would support LTC's candidate theory. Hell, I think I might do that.

:p

I'm clearly not making any such leap, and I have no idea why you would think so. I was pretty clear in my post.

However, there are some odd discrepancies in the clothing descriptions and what we see in the video. Check out the various clothing descriptions versus the video at the store.

Is he wearing blue jeans in the vid?

But why would he change his clothes?
 
Any changes to your story make it look like you're lying. Several parts of his story defy reason and contradict other parts of his story. He makes up details to make the story sound more favorable to himself. He concocted a scheme with his wife to deceive the court about his money.

None of this is helpful to George. He's in deep trouble.

Nah. He'll plea down at worst.
 
Murder 2 means he intended to kill him. Not that he set out to kill him. Only that when he fired that shot, he meant for the shot to hit Trayvon and that there are no mitigating circumstances.


Right.... because the legal system is entirely predicated on making the defendant prove a negative in the face of the whackiest of conspiracy theories, imaginary evidence, and internet gossip.

:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom