What kind of preparation would you need to do to honestly account for your assets and passport status?
The only reason they are delaying is because of the real damage George has done and the risks involved in letting him get up on the stand to explain his lie.
The delay is in O'Mara trying to convince George that he's an idiot for thinking he should just get up there and give the prosecutors a whack at him.
I bet O'Mara is telling him to just sit in jail until trial.
Actually if you listen to the audio the twenty seconds the judge gives to it after the prosecution worked itself into a foamy lather, ('we're investigating whether he could obtain a passport through Peru!') actually makes the prosecution look kinda silly, especially when the prosecutor has to admit at that point he knows O'Mara had gotten the passport weeks ago.![]()
Zimmerman conspired to deceive the court, and got caught. Now he's suffering the consequences of his actions. How you see that as either "destructive of justice" or "a travesty" is beyond me.It looks like they scored a 'goal' with the legal defense fund though, the judge wondered aloud why the prosecution didn't have charges ready to file. That must count as a 'good day' for them, (and perhaps you) if the interest is just for punishing GZ for anything they can find. I think that's actually destructive of justice, and consider it a travesty.
So we're back to indicting the media? Yawn. I'm pretty sure the media didn't force Zimmerman to lie.This whole case is nothing but 'spin.' The requisite talent is 'unspinning' in this one. You know those outlets that started this whole mess with representations of George Zimmerman gunning down a pre-teen TM who was begging for his life and the cops just let the uninjured Zimmerman waltz away? Perhaps employing some skepticism with those outlets on this issue might be wise?![]()
Like who?I suspect there's quite a few people who are to blame for his misfortune, and I hope they see a jail cell as well--they can have a mirror too!![]()
Not a bad idea. They already waived a speedy trial. The trial is at least a year off barring something odd like an SYG dismissal.
So when he gets convicted of one of the lower manslaughter charges, he can possibly be released on time served.
It would be easier on him that way, imo.
There are no shades of grey. Either you are a liar, or you are not.
Have you ever told a lie, johnny karate ? I would be willing to bet you have. So you are probably a liar too. End of story.
I don't understand how anyone on this forum can get on a high horse about lying. Are you all going to tell me that you've NEVER told a lie? Unless that's true, I hope none of you ever need people to rely on your credibility.
Of course context matters. And the context here is that Zimmerman conspired to deceive the court. He allowed his wife to take the stand and perjure herself on his behalf, and he allowed his lawyer to present material falsehoods in court documents.No, I actually think the context of what the lie was and other circumstances matter. Sorry, I think I disagree with you.
I agree with you here about his credibilty about the start of the confrontation taking a huge blow with this. However, I do still think the evidence supports his story.
WHAT? He was shot because he was banging someone's head on the ground not merely because he looked suspicious!
Seems like GZ should have shot a lot more people if he shoots suspicious folks.
And this is a purported “rational” forum.
Imagine what the forums that don’t give a hang about reason and evidence and rationality are going on about.
Ahhh... so none of the others that Zimmerman called about actually got away? The police just don't know where he buried the bodies?Well he'd only been doing it for five months. Martin was the first he'd managed to spook into running. Can't shoot em if they don't run.
Well he'd only been doing it for five months. Martin was the first he'd managed to spook into running. Can't shoot em if they don't run.
It's good of him to call the police first. A real trooper. He could just shoot and let some bystander call.
....At least unless further information comes up concerning the passports, I'm going to accept that this was simply a mistake. The alternative would require O'Mara to be in the middle of the conspiracy to hide the passport
When did he give the second passport to the attorney and wouldn't the attorney have immediately informed the court of this? I missed that part.Prosecutors said Zimmerman got his second passport after claiming he’d lost his original one, which expired at the end of May 2012. It was that original passport which he turned over to the court; the second passport, which is valid until 2014, remained in his possession.
How often you lie to a Court?
ETA - If the judge doesn't think it is important enough to revoke bail, de la Rionda will have a hard time convincing a jury it is proof that he is a murderer.
True. but in this case, there was a consequence. A very serious consequence.Courts hear provable lies every day. There are rarely consequences of any sort.
And this is a purported “rational” forum.
Imagine what the forums that don’t give a hang about reason and evidence and rationality are going on about.
I would hate to have you on the jury if I was being tried for something.Based on what I have seen to date and what as come out about GZ and his proven track record as a liar and his conviction for violence. Ihave come to the view he adn he alone was the root cause of this tragedy, his word is clearly unrelaible so we cannot take at face value what he says about it.
If he gets off on a plea bargain I do hope TMs parent launch a civil case against him.
So said the lying Zimmerman...
WHAT? He was shot because he was banging someone's head on the ground not merely because he looked suspicious!
So said the lying Zimmerman...
There is physical evidence to support it.