Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
Meh, you say "legal" I say "the law just hasn't caught up to them". I think you're just making the same mistake potheads did. They claimed they were selling "tobbacco" products and claimed it was legal. Then the cops busted them. Of course they're back, now they're selling legal "bath salts". We'll see if that's legal too I suppose.
You're missing two things:
1. "Bath salts" were not illegal until they were; which is why nobody who sold "bath salts" before it was made illegal is in jail.
2. The only people who can make "research" whaling no longer legal are the national governments that are members of the IWC. It just so happens that a number of member governments are working on that right this moment. It also just so happens that nothing Sea Shepherds is doing can have any effect on that process; they can't "make it go faster". In fact going into other countries' territorial waters and aggressively threatening their fishing fleets might easy have the opposite effect, as this piratical behavior can de-legitimize the issue or at the very least deflect governmental attention away from the people who are allegedly "breaking the law" and onto these folks who are obviously breaking the law instead.
I'm afraid you do need evidence and counting "likes" on YouTube videos from obnoxious users doesn't cut it.![]()
Evidence that people are not doing something?
