• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Founder of Sea Shepherd Arrested in Germany

No...Pain is pain...just because you recognize your image in a mirror doesn't mean you feel anything different from other creatures that don't. If something tears you apart....the pain is the same...whether you are sentient or not.
 
No...Pain is pain...just because you recognize your image in a mirror doesn't mean you feel anything different from other creatures that don't. If something tears you apart....the pain is the same...whether you are sentient or not.
Are you being obtuse? You are arguing by assertion and that's a fallacy. You are not making an argument based on empirical facts. I am.

Ad hominem deleted. Sorry.
 
Last edited:
BTW: I eat meat and I'm against the sea shepherd. I don't claim that whales should not be hunted. I've no dog in the fight. I'm just trying to tell you what the science is. Refusing to acknowledge science and empirical facts is just bad form.
 
I am. I'm just curious, are you a creationist or a 9/11 truther?

Aww...dude..that's a low blow...I am an atheist and firm believer that 19 terrorists caused the destruction at the trade centers.

Is your argument so weak, you have to accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist?
 
Aww...dude..that's a low blow...I am an atheist and firm believer that 19 terrorists caused the destruction at the trade centers.

Is your argument so weak, you have to accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist?
I deleted it. It was wrong and I apologize. It's just that I rarely get someone so intransigent and refusing to accept facts unless they are a creationist or truther.

Look, I don't care what you think. I really don't. It's very frustrating when someone simply argues by assertion and refuses to acknowledge the science though. Stating over and over that "pain is pain" when cognitive neuroscientists have demonstrated empirically that it is wrong is just bad form.

Is your argument so weak...
My argument is not weak. Again with the argument by assertion.
 
Last edited:
Guys, if we were all to agree that hunting any kind of whale is 100% wrong, Paul Watson is still an aged, barnacle-encrusted scrote. If you support him, you support old testicles. That's just the bottom line.
 
FRankly, it is not about being wrong/moral/sentience, it is about whaling being legal. It is legal. PERIOD.

What does sea Shepherd is ilelgal and dangerous.

You want to decide it is right ? Fine. But as said upthread, a lot of people sees legal activity as wrong which others sees as right. Who is then to judge which activity can be "vigilanted" upon and is really wrong , and which are right and should not be "vigilanted" upon ? You don't see where this lead ? Again, some might see letting , say, atheist live in the neighborhood as wrong and an affront to god. Or some might see meat eating as morally wrong and act upon ramming truck trasnporting meat. That is why vigilantism is terrible.

Change the rules of law if you wish. Thru legal means. If you choose an illegal means and vigilantism, I hope you get reamed as it should be.
 
No...Pain is pain...just because you recognize your image in a mirror doesn't mean you feel anything different from other creatures that don't. If something tears you apart....the pain is the same...whether you are sentient or not.

ok try this
go find a bull and hold a knife to its testicles,
now do the same to a human
see the difference, for most animals pain causes a motor response, it makes them move away from the thing causing the pain, when the pain stops, so does the distress
for the sentient, its emotional torture as well, knowing that you'll die, knowing that you won't see your loved ones again, knowing that you won't be around to watch your children grow, knowing that someone is deliberately doing that to you, thats the difference

but we're way off topic here, which if I'm not mistaken is how much of a Dick Paul Watson is
:D
 
Last edited:
They're just sightseeing boats now, but the whales keep comin' right at 'em!

So the harpoons are just for defense, makes perfect sense.

I don't have a problem with whaling per se, but the I think the Japanese quota includes protected species. That doesn't seem right. The fact that other countries protect the whales for the benefit of those that don't kind of irks me. Especially in this industry where the capacity to hunt them seems much greater than the supply. If every country did research like the Japanese there wouldn't be much to research in a decade.
 
Go **** yourself for associating me the truther vermin. I have nothing else to say to you. Just because I believe something different than you doesn't make a nutjob.
 
Go **** yourself for associating me the truther vermin. I have nothing else to say to you. Just because I believe something different than you doesn't make a nutjob.
Jeez. I deleted it and apologized. Wow. Whatever dude. I think you doth protest a bit too much.
 
Your terrorist hero is in jail where he belongs. As with all thugs, the measure of success is not positive achievement in conservation, but how much harm you can do to those you hate.

Following the example of your hero, you're really pleased with yourself for being enough of an a**hole to get someone angry. You don't see how obvious you are in conservation not even being relevant to you. The important thing is hurting someone else.

See how I "won?" I got him angry.
 
Your terrorist hero is in jail where he belongs. As with all thugs, the measure of success is not positive achievement in conservation, but how much harm you can do to those you hate.

Following the example of your hero, you're really pleased with yourself for being enough of an a**hole to get someone angry. You don't see how obvious you are in conservation not even being relevant to you. The important thing is hurting someone else.

See how I "won?" I got him angry.
I'm glad Watson is in jail. He was never a hero of mine. I don't support their cause.

As for Macgyver1968, ignoring an argument and repeating the same silly assertion in spite of facts isn't a a friendly form of argument. The difference is that I had the decency to apologize. All he could do was post epithets and skulk off.

Keep your guilt trip.
 
Last edited:
I'm glad Watson is in jail. He was never a hero of mine. I don't support their cause.

As for Macgyver1968, ignoring an argument and arguing repeating the same silly assertion in spite of facts isn't a a friendly form of argument. The difference is that I had the decency to apologize. All he could do was post epithets and skulk off.

Keep your guilt trip.

Hey RandFan. Not speaking to you.

But since you have my attention, let me say that you have seemed a very level headed and fair fellow wherever I have seen you, including here.

Kudos especially for apologizing, and deleting your own ad-hom. As far as I am concerened you gained even more respect than I already had for you.

Take care.
 
Hey RandFan. Not speaking to you.

But since you have my attention, let me say that you have seemed a very level headed and fair fellow wherever I have seen you, including here.

Kudos especially for apologizing, and deleting your own ad-hom. As far as I am concerened you gained even more respect than I already had for you.

Take care.
Fair enough. Thanks.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom