johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
- Joined
- Jan 12, 2007
- Messages
- 18,821
TM went up to GZ's car to confront him first. TM knocks on GZ's car window.
When do you imagine this might have occurred?
TM went up to GZ's car to confront him first. TM knocks on GZ's car window.
My original post was meant as a rhetorical device, not an actual inquiry into the phenomenon of people arming themselves to go to the store. I explained the point I was making in my previous post. I'm sorry if that point escaped you.
Also, it doesn't really help your case when you accuse someone of being dishonest in the same post in which you blatantly misrepresent their position. I never said I thought having a gun was irrational.
My impression is pretty much the same.This is kind of stupid and a bit off topic but...
I've notice quite a few Floridians are posting in this thread. I know of at least one other Central Floridian. I live about an hour and a half SE of Sanford so I am not quite at the epicenter. However, I've read multiple blogs and articles, even seen a few news clips making reference to the "constant" chatter in the streets about this case. To be perfectly honest, in my day to day life, since this case went national, I've only had one incident where someone else brought it up to a group of people and it really didn't last that long. Has anyone else seen anything suggesting that the public conversation is/was consumed by this case or is that another hyperbole?
If it helps to clarify things, since my divorce was uncontested, I went before a magistrate. They sit in a court room, wear a robe, at a bench, with a gavel. The difference between a magistrate and a judge is basically that a magistrate works under a judge. A magistrate and hear a case and recommend an outcome but at the end of the day, a judge has to review and sign off on the magistrate's recommendation. It's similar to a PA working beneath a physician.
When do you imagine this might have occurred?
TM went up to GZ's car to confront him first. TM knocks on GZ's car window.
That's the first confrontation. GZ has been driving along, watching TM.
Then TM runs off and GZ gets out to see where he went, but he can't see him/find him.
GZ comes into view of TM and TM again confronts him and then punches him. TM was waiting somewhere to see if GZ follows him.
We have two conversations/confrontations, both of which are initiated by TM.
That's the basic story that will eventually come out, imo.
Or not.![]()
So that means GZ went back to his truck after the call he made.
Then TM came up to the truck. He said are you following me and GZ said no.
Then TM left, and GZ followed him or went in the same general direction.
Then was going back to his truck *again* when TM confronted him from behind .
Something like that ?
That's the usual case in many places, but not in Virginia... there it would be like a medical office assistant making diagnoses, and prescribing medicine.
I thought the 'criminal justice major' claim was also debunked?
http://www.wtkr.com/news/nationworl...ge-zimmerman-college-20120322,0,4913922.story
Zimmerman, 28, first enrolled at the college in 2003 and was working toward a vocational certificate to become an insurance agent. He re-enrolled in 2009 and was working toward an Associate in Arts degree in a general studies program, according to the college.
When do you imagine this might have occurred?
Yes, in general.
GZ had lost TM, but TM did not go home. GZ is going back to the truck to wait for the police. TM has in the meantime seen GZ still looking for him, and decides to confront him again, walking up to him from behind to ask him again about following him.
I think Gilbreath's statement was just badly misconstrued by the reporter, he did not actually say the "running around the car" part.So no one can shed any light on Gilbreath saying about "running around the car?"
So we have Mr. Martin and Det. Gilbreath seemingly stating that TM came up to GZ in his car/truck. And GZ might or might not have said that, we don't have his entire statements.
I thought this would be way more relevant than a screwdriver, and whether it was a flat head or phillips.![]()
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/cnr.03.htmlBenjamin Crump said:You'll see the phone calls when it came in at 6:54. He then says, I think this dude is following me. And she talks about how he kind of slows down and he's trying to look in the car like, I think this dude is following me. And she tells him, baby, be careful, just run home. She tells him that.
My original post was meant as a rhetorical device
No offense intended, but none of these responses are actual reasons. They are merely acknowledgments that other people arm themselves as well.
I had read references to TM first speaking to GZ when he was in his car but didn't think too much about it until now. This suggests two things to me.Yes, in general.
GZ had lost TM, but TM did not go home. GZ is going back to the truck to wait for the police. TM has in the meantime seen GZ still looking for him, and decides to confront him again, walking up to him from behind to ask him again about following him.
So, no, Martin did not ever knock on Zimmerman's window.
Zimmerman's the worst eyewitness of all time. He sees Martin peering into windows, but describes him as "walking around, looking about". He completely fails to mention that Martin had already spoken to him, and has no ides what race the obviously black Martin is, despite being mere inches from him and clearly seeing him. He's unable to remember the names of all three streets that he's been patrolling for who knows how long. And he somehow manages to completely lose someone who he clearly saw run into a narrow pathway with no real place to hide.
So, no, Martin did not ever knock on Zimmerman's window.
Zimmerman's the worst eyewitness of all time. He sees Martin peering into windows, but describes him as "walking around, looking about". He completely fails to mention that Martin had already spoken to him, and has no ides what race the obviously black Martin is, despite being mere inches from him and clearly seeing him.
Evidence he didn't know the street name ? Not like you'll actually respond to me ....He's unable to remember the names of all three streets that he's been patrolling for who knows how long.
And he somehow manages to completely lose someone who he clearly saw run into a narrow pathway with no real place to hide.
I had read references to TM first speaking to GZ when he was in his car but didn't think too much about it until now. This suggests two things to me.
1. GZ doesn't seem to have done a very good job (assumption) at just saying "look I'm with the neighborhood watch".
2. That IF TM attacked GZ it was not because he feared him or thought he was being stalked. More likely I suspect (assumption) he knew exactly why GZ was watching him and had enough of it.
Actually, I think this is where if we wanted to play the hilarious framing after the fact game as those who contend GZ not following the person on the last 911 call and them getting away, proves he did follow TM, then we could contend that TM had been kicked out of school for weed and stolen jewelry and had enough of authority figures. This time he was going to fight back. He realized quite early that GZ was keeping an eye on him and knew exactly why and decided to give him an ass whooping.
I'm not actually arguing that, but two can play at this game. Flame away...![]()
You seem to have a copy of Zimmerman's statement to SPD.
Care to share?
I think Gilbreath's statement was just badly misconstrued by the reporter, he did not actually say the "running around the car" part.
Mr. Martin is giving a second hand account of a second hand account. There is room for some natural human error in there that could explain the discrepancy.
However, a HUGE related issue is that Crump stated that GZ started following TM at 6:54 which gives a lot of time for multiple encounters but really hasn't been explored as far as I can tell.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/cnr.03.html
My theory is that Crump is just making things up, but if someone wants to work with the theory that Crump is credible then GZ was following TM fifteen minutes before GZ called the police. That gives lots of times for a prior interaction.