• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
triforcharity is seems a tad biased against Zimmerman, though. :)

What part of my professional assessment of Zimmerman's wounds do you find biased? I specifically addressed what was asked of me. I don't see his wounds as being all that severe as Zimmerman et al. have claimed. I would love to see more detailed photos, but from the photo I have seen, that is my professional assessment.

If I see evidence that shows his injuries were more severe, I will not dispute that. But, based on the limited information that I have, his injuries do not appear severe at all.


I'm sure we have reliable reports of Zimmerman's wounds, or lack thereof, that we will hear about soon enough.

There's no point in flatly calling them scratches, or flatly calling them gaping wounds.

They are wounds.

All we can determine is that reports that he was not wounded are false.


No, I call a wound that requires nothing more than a dab on Neosporin and nothing more, to be a scratch.

Go back and read my posts. You seem to have only glanced over them, and not read what I wrote in context.

You're welcome to disagree with my assessment, but it matters naught. We're not on a jury currently.
 
No, that was in regards to the police's procedures. Sorry, I wasn't clear, that's my fault.

They are first responders typically, but don't do much beyond initial assessment. That is what the FD/EMT's/Medics are for.

But you would agree that you wouldn't find it unusual that a homicide victim would be flipped to be assessed, right?
 
What part of my professional assessment of Zimmerman's wounds do you find biased? I specifically addressed what was asked of me. I don't see his wounds as being all that severe as Zimmerman et al. have claimed. I would love to see more detailed photos, but from the photo I have seen, that is my professional assessment.

If I see evidence that shows his injuries were more severe, I will not dispute that. But, based on the limited information that I have, his injuries do not appear severe at all.





No, I call a wound that requires nothing more than a dab on Neosporin and nothing more, to be a scratch.

Go back and read my posts. You seem to have only glanced over them, and not read what I wrote in context.

You're welcome to disagree with my assessment, but it matters naught. We're not on a jury currently.

I think it was this bit:

Sure. I think he's making a show of it.

:D

I think we are certainly going to hear from the medical personnel who bandaged Zimmerman and tended to his nose.

Which is why I can't understand people posting things like that.
 
The fact is, the media crowed that Zimmerman was a liar and had no wounds.

And then the media showed an enhanced image of Zimmerman's huge gaping wound.

We have no idea how much blood the wounds produced. We don't know if the wounds have been wiped already when that pic was taken.

Correct, we don't know how much. What we do know, is that none of it reached his collar area, nor reached his neck.

That wound hasn't been wiped. The blood would have been smeared, and you would have seen evidence of that. I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the wound was not wiped.

We don't know if Zimmerman held his hand on them and stemmed the blood flow at first. We don't know if a bystander tried to help him with the wounds.

Both are possible scenarios, however, even direct pressure with a hand isn't going to stop the flow of blood very much at all. Head wounds bleed VERY profusely.

We have a still photo proving that Zimmerman had wounds to the back of his head at the time and place expected with his story, which is evidence in his favor.

It's evidence, but it being in his favor is debatable. Neutral, sure, I would agree with that.
 
But the police admit that the evidence on the scene points to Zimmerman's head being beat against the sidewalk.

Do you have a link for that? I haven't seen that statement from the police. (I'm not saying it's wrong, just that I haven't seen it)

Of course, simple fistfight is subjective, but in my neck o' the woods it doesn't include beating a prone person's head into the sidewalk. I've never been to Philly, though.

Agreed. Oh, in Philly, that's lovemaking......:duck:
 
There is a problem with the story of the photo. In some accounts, the photographer says he saw gunpowder residue on Martin's hoodie.

One wonders how that can be if Martin was found face down in the grass?

One possibility is that the hoodie opened up as Martin fell. leaving the front of it visible at Martin's side, reveling the bullet hole. Assuming it's a hoodie that zips up, and it was unzipped.

Another possibility is that the witness is a police officer and saw Martin after he was turned over.
 
But you would agree that you wouldn't find it unusual that a homicide victim would be flipped to be assessed, right?

Right. That would seem pretty normal, even for a first responder. Seems perfectly normal to me. Unless the victim has been deceased for some time, or if there is a penetrating head wound with grey matter scattered.
 
Do you have a link for that? I haven't seen that statement from the police. (I'm not saying it's wrong, just that I haven't seen it)

CNN's partial transcript:

GILBREATH: Managed to scoot away from the concrete sidewalk and that is at that point is when the shooting subsequently followed. That is not consistent with the evidence we found.

O'MARA: The injuries seem to be consistent with his story, though, don't they?

GILBREATH: The injuries are consistent with a harder object striking the back of his head than his head was.

O'MARA: Could that be cement?

GILBREATH: Could be.

O'MARA: Did you just say it was consistent or did you say it wasn't consistent?

GILBREATH: I said it was.
 
Why are we so concerned about the rain?

The rain can be quite variable depending on exactly where it is measured. It can easily rain .01" here and .25" not too far away.

It can easily rain a lot at the airport where it is often measured, and very little at your house a short distance away, and vice versa.

I was only concerned about the rain from the perspective of the story about TM running for cover and putting up his hood because it was raining.

Then it was out forth by people that the Internet said it didn't really rain, so it makes me curious why TM had to run for cover or put his hood up in that case.
 
I think it was this bit:



:D

He was specifically asking for my personal opinion. I gave my personal opinion.

I think we are certainly going to hear from the medical personnel who bandaged Zimmerman and tended to his nose.

Which is why I can't understand people posting things like that.

Maybe you're not understanding my point. Going to a doctor the next day, as you claim, for his nose (Not the head lac on the back of his cranium) is called, (IMO) a show.

I highly doubt he went just for his nose, and the doctors discovered his head wounds. He most likely went for his head wounds, they told him he should have come in the night before for stitches, and couldn't do anything about it, and put on a couple butterfly bandages.

Or, it could be a huge farce, and the doctors told him it was staying closed just fine, and to ice it down. Zimmerman MAY have purchased butterfly bandages and put them there for show.

MAY have. Nothing factual, but speculation.

Still, it negates NOTHING about my PROFESSIONAL opinion of Zimmerman's head wound. I even stated why I feel that way.

You're welcome to cherry pick all you want though.

No hard feelings though.

Cheers!
 
He was specifically asking for my personal opinion. I gave my personal opinion.



Maybe you're not understanding my point. Going to a doctor the next day, as you claim, for his nose (Not the head lac on the back of his cranium) is called, (IMO) a show.

I highly doubt he went just for his nose, and the doctors discovered his head wounds. He most likely went for his head wounds, they told him he should have come in the night before for stitches, and couldn't do anything about it, and put on a couple butterfly bandages.

Or, it could be a huge farce, and the doctors told him it was staying closed just fine, and to ice it down. Zimmerman MAY have purchased butterfly bandages and put them there for show.

MAY have. Nothing factual, but speculation.

Still, it negates NOTHING about my PROFESSIONAL opinion of Zimmerman's head wound. I even stated why I feel that way.

You're welcome to cherry pick all you want though.

No hard feelings though.

Cheers!

We don't need to do anything but wait. If a doctor saw him, there's a record of it, and a record of what was done.
 
Does it make a difference to anyone that the GZ call was not a 911 call, but that it was a call to non emergency dispatch?

I bring this up because they made a point of correcting that a couple of times in court today. I'm thinking that the prosecution is going to make a point of that in the trial.
 
Is it just me or was that an absurd exchange that called the honestly of the prosecution/investigator into light. I mean, explain to me how he can say they don't believe his head hit the cement, but then be forced to admit that his head must have "struck something harder than his head was" and it could have been cement. What the hell else does he think it was based on where we know the fight took place?
 
We don't need to do anything but wait. If a doctor saw him, there's a record of it, and a record of what was done.

I couldn't agree more. But, I do like to discuss things from time to time.

Sorry if I got a little heated with you, it wasn't intentional. I'm slightly inebriated at this point, another poster had irritated me, and I think I may have taken some of it out on you. Sorry if I did. :o

Cheers!

~Tri
 
Is it just me or was that an absurd exchange that called the honestly of the prosecution/investigator into light. I mean, explain to me how he can say they don't believe his head hit the cement, but then be forced to admit that his head must have "struck something harder than his head was" and it could have been cement. What the hell else does he think it was based on where we know the fight took place?

A sprinkler maybe. I dunno, I am watching the video now. It does seem very odd.
 
Is it just me or was that an absurd exchange that called the honestly of the prosecution/investigator into light. I mean, explain to me how he can say they don't believe his head hit the cement, but then be forced to admit that his head must have "struck something harder than his head was" and it could have been cement. What the hell else does he think it was based on where we know the fight took place?

The investigator was a little evasive but he was in the middle of being butt-raped by O'Mara. This investigator will be minimized if this thing makes it to trial, I bet. O'Mara locked him in fairly well.

The question before that (which occurred during a CNN commercial break and thus not included in the transcript) was discussing Martin's claim to police that the altercation worked its way from the cement area to a grassy area (in other words, they moved a couple of feet) which Gilbreath asserted was not supported by the evidence.
 
when the broken nose is documented...

Originally Posted by Checkmite
That man does not have a broken nose.
Originally Posted by RandFan
The back of his head is clearly visible and I see no band aid or anything obvious. If there was a cut it was small enough to be hidden due to camera resolution. I don't see the nose for too long but there does not appear to be trauma. Certainly not broken.
Originally Posted by RandFan
He could have been injured. If so it sure isn't severe.
Originally Posted by johnny karate
There's a couple shots where his nose is shown clearly in profile, and that doesn't look broken either.
I'm not saying Zimmerman wasn't injured at all, but there isn't any evidence of injury on that video.
Originally Posted by leftysergeant
Horse feathers. Show me the dressing. There would be a dressing.
Further, if that fat punk's nose got broken in that fight, how has it already stopped bleeding so that he can walk around with no compress on his nose like that?

O'MARA: Ok. Have you ever had your nose broken?


GILBREATH: No. 


O'MARA: Have you ever had your nose fractured or broken. 


GILBREATH: No.


O'MARA: You know that that was an injury that Mr. Zimmerman sustained, correct?


GILBREATH: I know that that is an injury that is reported to have sustained. I haven't seen any medical records to indicate that. 


O'MARA: Have you asked him for them? 


GILBREATH: Have I asked him for them? No.
O'MARA: Do you want a copy of them?


GILBREATH: Sure. 


O'MARA: I'll give them to the state. It's a more appropriate way to do it. If you haven't had them yet, I don't want to cross you on them.


Any Internet doctors still want to claim GZ didn't really have a broken nose ??

Maybe O'mara is bluffing ... since we haven't actually seen then medical records he is willing to give to the state. Anyone believe that ?

Wow, I bet those same medical records probably document the "scratches" to the back of his head. :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom