• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I was out all day and missed the hearing. That figures. Maybe I missed someone else commenting on it but does nobody else think it's weird that three minutes after shooting a teenager, he's got a clear enough mind to think, hey, take a picture of my injuries, I might need that. I have no reason to think they are faked or enhanced, AFAIK, they are legit. It's just odd that, given the severity of the situation, his mind would go to that.

I missed the story where that was given as the reason for the picture ?
 
As part of my job, I've reviewed audio, video, witness statements, etc., from many cases where people have shot and killed others. While they are usually police officers, I have seen no evidence of not being able to discuss the events or not being clear headed. In fact, perfectly calm calls for an ambulance and starting to document the evidence are perfectly normal reactions, starting within minutes. Even among civilians, I've seen a guy involved in a large gun battle and seriously (mortally) wounded, why sat down and lit a cigartte and opened a beer and was able to clearly discuss it while waiting for an ambulance.

Wow, that's pretty interesting. Thanks for the input. I would just imagine myself being a wreck under those circumstances.
 
I missed the story where that was given as the reason for the picture ?

You know what? I was searching through the articles that I've read about the injuries but can't find anything stating that. I am thinking I may have read

The photographer said that after the shooting, Zimmerman asked the photographer to call his wife. When the photographer asked him what to say, Zimmerman blurted out, "Man, just tell her I shot someone."

"asked the photographer" and finished the sentence in my head. :o
 
for posterity ...

when the broken nose is documented...

That man does not have a broken nose.

The back of his head is clearly visible and I see no band aid or anything obvious. If there was a cut it was small enough to be hidden due to camera resolution. I don't see the nose for too long but there does not appear to be trauma. Certainly not broken.
He could have been injured. If so it sure isn't severe.

There's a couple shots where his nose is shown clearly in profile, and that doesn't look broken either.
I'm not saying Zimmerman wasn't injured at all, but there isn't any evidence of injury on that video.

Horse feathers. Show me the dressing. There would be a dressing.
Further, if that fat punk's nose got broken in that fight, how has it already stopped bleeding so that he can walk around with no compress on his nose like that?

I must also compliment Johnny Karate as I read back through some of the posts. He has been very consistent in his claims and the way he words them.
 
I must also compliment Johnny Karate as I read back through some of the posts. He has been very consistent in his claims and the way he words them.

Well, I try to remain consistent in my claims because if I'm going to be proven wrong, I'd rather it be about as few things as possible.

Cheers. :D
 
I'm still floored by the testimony that the state has no evidence to support the claims that Zimmerman confronted Martin and that Zimmerman initiated the altercation.
 
But the transcript of Zimmerman's call to police has him describing Martin's age as "late teens".

Zimmerman is what, 28? So why is Zimmerman now telling the boy's family he thought Martin was a bit older than him?

"I did not know how old he was, I thought he was a little bit younger than I am"
...

Oh, the ABC story I quoted had a typo, then. When I cut and pasted it, it said "older". But I see they've revised it to "younger". But it's still suspicious for the shooter to be saying now that he thought the person he shot was just a bit younger than him.



It's an inconsistency. Perhaps a minor one, but any inconsistencies in Zimmerman's story don't reflect well on him...

It's not a minor one if it can be shown to be self-serving. Since that would tarnish the credibility of everything else he might claim. For example, about who first touched who.

And I suspect Zimmerman's statement is self-serving here. After all, what's the purpose of him saying it? Isn't he trying to suggest that things might not have unfolded in the same way if had correctly perceived how old Martin really was? Well, according to his original police call (if the transcript I read was correct), he DID correctly perceive how old he was.
 
I read the article at that link. GZ has some real serious credibility problems. At one time he had the previous incident with police resulting in a physical assault on one of them, and another involving an unidentified woman who claims he physically assaulted her. She got an injunction against him for it. He said he was defending himself against her. But then his attorney tells the court at the bond hearing that he's not a violent person, and not a danger to the community. The guy has a track record of being in a position to act in self defense.

Unless you don't count killing someone, of course. It comes down to one person's word against a dead boy. So far the forensic evidence for who did what is pretty skimpy, other than who pulled the trigger. As I mentioned earlier--------who was standing their ground----Zimmerman or Martin? Who was in fear for their safety---Zimmerman who was apparently losing the fight, or Martin who was defending himself against a total stranger confronting him on a public sidewalk? We also don't know if Martin saw the gun before he was on the ground fighting with Zimmerman.

Right now I fear we may never really know for certain.
 
Last edited:
When the video of GZ at the police station came out that ABC broke, it was 9-5 media coverage that the video showed no evidence of wounds.

But now that we have a picture taken 3 minutes after the event the story is nowhere to be found in the headlines, other than on ABC that broke the story. It'll be interesting to see if that changes as the day proceeds.

http://news.google.com/news/section?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=topic:george_zimmerman&ict=clu_top

Totally trumped by the bond hearing and apology
 
I read the article at that link. GZ has some real serious credibility problems. At one time he had the previous incident with police resulting in a physical assault on one of them, and another involving an unidentified woman who claims he physically assaulted her. She got an injunction against him for it. He said he was defending himself against her.

You should review what the judge had to say about that today.

But then his attorney tells the court at the bond hearing that he's not a violent person, and not a danger to the community. The guy has a track record of being in a position to act in self defense.

It appears the judge took that all into consideration.

Unless you don't count killing someone, of course. It comes down to one person's word against a dead boy. So far the forensic evidence for who did what is pretty skimpy, other than who pulled the trigger.

How is it you are aware of the particulars of the forensic evidence in possession of the authorities ?

As I mentioned earlier--------who was standing their ground----Zimmerman or Martin? Who was in fear for their safety---Zimmerman who was apparently losing the fight, or Martin who was defending himself against a total stranger confronting him on a public sidewalk? We also don't know if Martin saw the gun before he was on the ground fighting with Zimmerman.

Right now I fear we may never really know for certain.

No, we may not.
 
My google-fu is weak, today. Does anyone know where I can watch the video of the hearing today? I've only been able to find a snippet of Zimmerman's testimony.
 
CNN has a partial transcript up. They did not transcribe testimony taken during commercial break.


O'MARA: That he had an ice tea and a bag of Skittles, that he walked back into the gated community, he was on his way back when he was profiled by George Zimmerman. If I say to you the word peanut butter, what do you think?

GILBREATH: Jelly.

O'MARA: OK, Moe, Larry and --

GILBREATH: Curly.

O'MARA: OK, when I say the word profiling, what do you think?

GILBREATH: I believe you're applying a predetermined thought pattern to a set of circumstances.

O'MARA: No other word comes to mind when I say profiled to you?

GILBREATH: I gave you my answer, sir.

O'MARA: OK, I appreciate the answer. Did you consider it to be some specific type of profiling?

GILBREATH: No.

O'MARA: Why did you use the word profiling rather than noticed, observed, saw, or anything besides the very precise word profiled? And by the way, was that your word?

GILBREATH: I don't recall. This was a collaborative answer -- excuse me, collaborative document.

O'MARA: Which means they met. I'm just curious with the word confronted and what evidence you have to support an affidavit you want in this judge to rely on that these facts with true and you use the word confronted. And I want to know your evidence to support the word confronted if you have any.

GILBREATH: Well, it's not that I have one. I probably could have used dirty words. O'MARA: It is antagonistic word, would you agree?

GILBREATH: It could be considered that, yes.

O'MARA: Come up with words that are not antagonistic, met, came up to, spoke with.

GILBREATH: Got in physical confrontation with.

O'MARA: But you have nothing to support the confrontation suggestion, do you?

GILBREATH: I believe I answered it. I don't know how much more explanation you wish.

O'MARA: Anything you have, but you don't have any, do you?

GILBREATH: I think I've answered the question.

O'MARA: Witnesses heard people arguing, sounded like a struggle. During this time, witnesses heard numerous calls for help. Some of this was recorded. Trayvon's mom reviewed the 911 calls and identified the cry for help and Trayvon Martin's voice. Did you do any forensic analysis on that voice tape?

GILBREATH: Did I?

O'MARA: Did you or are you aware of anything?

GILBREATH: The "Orlando Sentinel" had someone do it and the FBI has had someone do it.

O'MARA: Is that part of your investigation?

GILBREATH: Yes.

O'MARA: Has that given any insight as to the voice?

GILBREATH: No.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom