LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
It would also mean that wearing the hoodie can't be the reason Zimmerman targeted Martin, since the hood wasn't up at the beginning of the encounter.
His father's girl friend actually.They were up visiting for the weekend.
It is also clear that GZ got out of his car and approached the person based on nothing but a suspicion while not reporting that nay criminal act was occuuring he did this on suspcion alone, which is nto an intelligent thing to do
the intelligent thing to do would have been to keep TM under surveillance and wait for the Police to arrive,
instead he does the stupid thing and sets up a lethal confrontation, he was the one armed with a gun remember.
If someone got out of a car and came at me with a gun I would have tried to defend myself too.
Again, rarer than when it's not raining. Most people don't go out in the rain and dark unless it's something urgent and when they do they tend to wear clothing that keeps them dry, not clothing that will get soaked with a few minutes of walking, especially when it's only 11 degrees C.
it's established that he was using a headset at the time. Want to dial? Well, you can either hope that the voice recognition works, or else you'll need to pull the phone out.
This makes little sense. There's virtually nowhere for Martin to hide, and then jump out of, that would end with the two of them fighting where they did. Frankly, I think the girlfriend's version is more likely - Martin walked away but didn't run, Zimmerman pursued and found him, Martin sees him and becomes alarmed.
Perhaps I'm strange but I'm not sure what is particularly scary about a man in a truck stopped on the side of road talking on a phone, but then I'm strange and see people in concealing non-wet weather clothing walking about in the rain on dark cold nights looking at houses as suspicious when it's obviously the guys in the trucks talking on the phone who are the ones that I should be worried about.
It is also clear that GZ got out of his car and approached the person based on nothing but a suspicion while not reporting that nay criminal act was occuuring he did this on suspcion alone, which is nto an intelligent thing to do, the intelligent thing to do would have been to keep TM under surveillance and wait for the Police to arrive, instead he does the stupid thing and sets up a lethal confrontation, he was the one armed with a gun remember.
If someone got out of a car and came at me with a gun I would have tried to defend myself too.
By doing what ? Deflecting bullets with your magic wristbands ? I would run. Just saying.
I calll getting out of a car armed with a gun and approaching someone I have just trailed with my car intiating a confrontation, if someone ahd done that to me I would tried to defend myself too or run which depending on which account you read TM is meant to have done
The only hard fact is GZ at no point in that transcript said that any criminal activity was happening, you cannot get away from that no matter what sophistry is deployed.
By doing what ? Deflecting bullets with your magic wristbands ? I would run. Just saying.
Zimmerman could easily have said Martin was looking in a house window, or looking in a car window, or several other suspicious made up actions, if he wanted to justify pursuit of Martin.
If Zimmerman were a depraved racist looking to get Martin, he probably wouldn't have hesitated to make his phone call complaint sound better to justify the call and the "pursuit".
I know nothing about GZ's politics or prejudices, which we all have, but you still cannot get away from the fact the transcript does not mention any report of criminal behaviour or activity.
Because no eyewitness report has ever been wrong?
We don't know what the witness statements actually say so that can't be taken without a large grain of salt.
Since the SP chose to charge GZ with 2nd degree, maybe that eyewitness was mistaken. Or they witnessed 5 seconds of a fairly long fight.
who's to say what the real story is but you seem to cherry pick only those things that are damning to TM. We don't know what his side of the story is because he's DEAD.
An empty bag with traces of marijuana. No proof it was his. Amazing to me how some of y'all are so ready to disbelieve anything that explains TM's behaviour but you believe everything GZ says about that night.
So to recap:
An empty baggie with traces of marijuana. Although unless the school tested it in a lab, it could have been 3-4 other things.
Was repeatedly tardy so he was suspended.
Sprayed some graffiti on a school building.
Some jewelry and a screwdriver were found in his locker. The screwdriver was labeled a burglary tool. Under that definition, my husband and I must be world class burglars based on the number of screwdrivers we own.
Quite the little gang banger we have here. So untypical of a 17 yo in this day and age.
Until the tox screens for TM come back, we don't know if he had any drugs in his system. Maybe he really was just a 17 yo, on his way home from the store, taking the opportunity to talk to his GF away from his house.
Not a single one of us has a clue what happened there that night but you're all over TM like it was his fault he got shot. Maybe he was a little *******, hiding from GZ, waiting to jump him. We don't know now and we won't know until the end end May what happened.
Until then, I'll give TM a pass. I'll give GZ the benefit of the doubt. Two people's lives were changed that night. TM's forever because he's dead. GZ's because he shot a teenager and I don't think that's what he meant to do when he got out of his truck that night. I don't think it's necessary to demonize either one of them.
Since forensics aren't woo, the story they tell will be the line in the sand. Something in the forensics, that we don't know about, has the answers and now we have to sit here until late May to know what those answers are.
I hate it![]()
he tried that. just made him look suspicious.
On either party's part...![]()
The essential is, point based on the transcrpit evidence of the 911 call alone no criminal activity on the part of TM was reported by GZ all he said ws acting suspiciously whatever definition of suspiciously he was using he should have stopped there, it was he that got out of his car armed with a gun and approached someone he did not know and had not reported any criminal activity being carried out by that person.
GZ if he really had felt threatend should have driven to a safe point and provided surviellance for the police, he did not, he acted stupidly, based on thin air his own definiton of acting suspicously, remember in the transcript there is no indication of any ceiminal behaviour on the part of TM reportd by GZ, suspcion alone is not enough.